Book Six Chapter Ten

"But why the house, why here?" She looks at him, and he seems to trust her a lot considering he is telling her some of the things no one would even be told.

"Because, those kids are the ticket, Alena, Jackson, will sign everything over once they know the kids are in danger, not until we have got the weapons to Alena's business and out of it of course, the police are hot on us, and we can't afford any mistakes" 

He turns and kisses her seemingly happy with his work.

"Right, so Cole, what are we planning to do for the rest of our day?" She laughs and pulls him to her, my brain trying to work out why she is calling him Cole? It is James, she always called him James, looking closer it is definitely James. 

My hands pulling out the files, pictures of Cole, AKA Spider and looking at them, no one has a clear shot of him, he is always with someone, always hiding, you see the side of him, and that is about it. 

But Mary is his wife? So what is Maria to him? I look at Alena, I can't call Troy now, so I have to wait until tonight to try to make sense of this with him. James is Cole, and Maria must have known it to call him James all those times, it has been nearly six years, is Mary, his wife? 

I message the team asking for everyone to dig details on James, well his fake name, and Cole and if he really is married to Mary, we have been hunting for him for years, and to be honest I forgot what James looked like. 

Now though I realise it is Cole, I was a fool for not recognising when I first saw the picture of him. I feel sick, and I think it is best I stay away from Luke as well, something is making this far more complicated than possible. 

Is Maria been used just for information?

"Listen, Maria, their businesses all of them together would make good places to hide smuggled goods and people, Jackson's business sure can help with the women we smuggle in, easy money." He laughs, and they walk out of the room, my hand slamming the laptop shut, pulling the headphones away from my head and throwing them, Alena looking at me concerned.

"Sorry, Virus that is all, I got to wait now for the laptop to update, delays work that is all" I smile at her, and she laughs.

"Well, I can't help with yours but, you know the computer is there if you need to do anything" I smile at her and nod, sitting back I close my eyes, I need to forget this until tonight when she is in bed and asleep. 

The day passes quickly, Mary getting here and walking into the office, standing I look at her, trying to see, there is no ring on her hand? Someone somewhere has totally fucked up with this mission information, she isn't his wife, you can see that she is someone close to him, but not his wife. 

Alena grabs her things as do I, and we leave together, not talking, my outburst from the fake laptop virus clearly still on both our minds. Driving back it is quiet, far too quiet and I can't stop my mind wondering.

"You seem nice Adrian" I turn to look at her shocked by her statement.

"Do I? I often get called a sarcastic bastard, about ninety percent of what I say is a joke, sarcasm or just pure crap, I was once told that everything I said was not the truth" She looks at me confused and laughs.

"I don't think I have seen the real you then, I can't say I have seen a joke, sarcastic comment or crap come out of your mouth once, just honesty and good conversation."

"I guess you are right, I have been honest with you Alena" I want to laugh and call myself a hypocrite, I am lying to her face right now. 

We pull up to the house, walking in Jo is smiling, the kids sat eating, it is nearly 5pm, we are home late tonight.