Book Six Chapter Twenty-Four

"How are you, Caroline?" I have to ask her, she was once a sweet, simple and plain woman.

"Well thank you, Marcus, a lot better then I have been" I nod, and she looks to Alena, I can sense the awkwardness of me being here, a few more minutes and I will let them have a minute alone.

"I am sorry Alena, for the things I did to you. I was not in a good place" Her apology is sincere, she means it.

"I was stupid and Jealous, my solicitor has explained everything, you and Jackson having kids. I just wanted you to know I won't try to ruin it. I won't be getting out and coming to hurt you" 

I can see she means it, getting up I walk away, grabbing a drink keeping my eyes on them, Caroline talking, Alena looking shocked. 

I want to rush back over but I shouldn't. Standing I watch as Alena's emotions change from shocked to sympathetic, Alena's hand stroking hers. 

What have I missed? Walking back over Alena quickly moves her hand. Sitting Caroline apologises more, she explains everything, from losing Tallulah up to now.

"As I said before, I knew you would be the one able to give Jackson what he wanted and needed, it scared me. I knew I had lost him I just didn't want to accept it" Alena shakes her head as we get told it is time to leave, we say goodbye and walk out, my eyes on Alena. 

Getting in the car, I look at her.

"Well, what did she say?" I look at her as I begin driving.

"She asked if I would let her and Jackson see each other" I turn looking at her briefly, before averting my eyes back to the road.

"I hope you said no" I don't think Jackson would agree anyway.

"I was going to, then she spoke about Tallulah, how she just wants to celebrate her birth and death at her grave with Jackson there."

"Alena, she is sucking you in, anyway I don't think Jackson would agree even if you now have. You are too soft" my words not meant to be mean but make a point.

"No, I am not soft, I just understand how she must be feeling losing her baby and having no one in her life that she can share that pain with" As I said soft, she tried killing her and Alena has forgotten.

"Anyway, every year Jackson on that day without fail, he will be there if she needs him to be" He might go on that date but that doesn't mean anything.

"Alena, he won't physically plan to meet her, he wouldn't do that. There is a chance while he is there, she is, but he won't contact her to go together" I don't think so anyway, but I have no idea.

"Right, well you need to talk to Jackson when you get home, I will sit with the kids if they are still up" She nods staying quiet. 

I know she is telling me everything Caroline has said, I just feel like she is going to tell Jackson he should without thinking of how she will feel. Driving back she stays quiet, pulling over I stop not far from the house.

"You need to think about what you are doing Alena, how will you feel knowing he is with Caroline? Have you considered that?" She looks at me and shakes her head.

"No, I just feel awful that I have you and Jackson, then everyone else. While she is alone, with no one at all to share the pain of Tallulah with" I knew she would forget her own pain and only think of Carolines. She moves climbing onto me, her legs on either side of me.

"What are you doing?" I laugh looking at her as her lips kiss mine, her hands pulling at my shirt. My hands stopping her.

"Not a chance" I shake my head, I don't want to deny it to her, but she isn't thinking straight.