Book Six Chapter Four

The door opens, Mary walking in looking at Luke, then towards me, not saying anything she walks towards the office. Alena is walking back out and smiling.

"Right, time to go home, I will see you all Monday" She smiles looking at me, Monday? It is Thursday is she not in now till Monday. Following her out I get in the car, I need to find out, all this time away anything could be happening without her knowing.

"So, you don't work Thursday to Sunday?" I know Jackson left his business unattended for weeks sometimes, but then again it was not unattended it was in very good hands. I can't say anything. Clearly, Alena and Jackson think her business is in good hands.

"Normally I work Monday through to Saturday. Usually, though Jackson and I took turns with the girls, so they were not often left with the babysitter. We decided it would be best that I took a long weekend off, so they still got to me more with him not been here" Well that I can certainly understand.

"Anyway, if things are going well, he will be back at the weekend. So, I should be able to call in, although it isn't a definite". I am not too sure if that is a good thing or not, it would be so Alena, and I could be at her work more, and I can try to find out more information. 

Then again, I have no idea what Jackson will be like with me, he didn't recognise me from the pictures, but would he in person? Getting back Jo is sat with the children; she smiles as we walk in, I hope she is genuine, the thought of the kids being with someone in a gang and a very bad one isn't good. 

Could I carry on letting her stay here and Alena not know if she is? Jo say's goodbye and leaves, grabbing the laptop I sit at the table. I can't call my boss and ask for him to put crimes on my record in front of Alena, or anywhere in the house if she hears everything will be blown. 

Messaging Trevor, I send a list of items I need adding, and before tonight, no doubt Luke will look into it, and I need to ensure my record backs my story.

"The kids have had dinner, I am skipping it, I need to do some work before tonight, kitchen is there, feel free to make yourself something to eat, any time at all, you don't need to ask" My head lifts up to face Alena, smiling I nod and begin walking to the kitchen. 

She sits in the living room with the laptop, the kids playing quietly around her, no way is she not eating. Starting to cook I make enough for her as well, putting my plate on the table, I carry hers through to the living room.

"Food" I smile and hand her the plate.

"Honestly, you didn't need to cook for me Adrian; I am fine till tea" She is clearly losing her mind if she thinks I will let her get away without eating.

"Well, tea isn't for hours yet, and you need to eat" I smile and walk out leaving her with the food, sitting down I eat, finishing I wash my plate. Alena is walking in stopping me.

"I can do that; you cooked" She takes the plate from my hand, moving I go to sit down at the table, Marcus coming over to me.

"MJ" The only letters he says, I look to Alena confused.

"He gets called MJ a lot, his name is Marcus Jackson, so he likes to say MJ" She laughs as she dries the dishes.

"Oh, your name is MJ?" He nods his head looking at me, passing me the car and climbing on the seat next to me.

"MJ, leave Adrian alone, he isn't here to play with you" She looks at him remorseful, he looks at her then back at me.

"It is fine. Honestly, there is no work to do so I can sit and play for a bit" I smile down to MJ, taking the car and running it across the table.