Book Five Chapter Forty-Three

"I was looking for Jackson, he isn't answering" My voice sounds wrong, I am trying to switch off my emotions.

"No, he will be driving or shopping, he went out with his mum" This is torture, reaching into my pocket I take out the note.

"I guess you will find out anyway, someone hit me with a car, not hard enough to cause serious damage I actually think they wanted to make it look like they were going to run me over and stop, but they didn't swerve in time, but they threw this out the window as well" 

Sliding the note across the table to her she opens it reading it, her face not telling me how she feels about it. She doesn't even mention the letter, it is almost as if it doesn't exist.

"20th December, you will go to the club to celebrate Georgina's birthday and your own!" Her words straight to the point, I look at her like she is crazy, she is going on about birthdays now? She should really be more concerned with the note, and me going I don't think it is a good idea.

"No arguing, you're going just for once you do as you are told Marcus" Finishing my face, she smiles at me, I won't argue with her over it.

"No arguing, I should go, please tell Jackson about what happened, please" Going to stand up, her hand reaches out stopping me.

"No, you will tell him, I am going shopping, so you stay here and wait for him getting back" She gets up and ready, walking out to the car I see her just sat there, I can't let her go alone now after what just happened to me, for one Jackson would kill me if I did. Walking out I get in the car with her.

"I know Jackson enough that he wouldn't want you going alone after that letter, I am coming with you, I won't talk, Christ Alena I won't even look at you" My eyes fixed forward, she gives in and begins to drive us staying quiet as she does.

"So, what is your plan now then?" Her voice breaking the silence.

"Well, after Christmas I am going out on missions with the team, just going to get away for a bit" I don't look at her, I don't want to see her pain and I will see it if I look at her face. Sitting in silence, she parks the car, the shops surrounding us, I look over at her

"I will come in with you, don't worry, I will stay a fair distance behind like a bodyguard, I just know Jackson won't be happy with either of us if you came alone and got hurt" She nods to me, we both get out and I walk behind her as she goes shopping, I can see she is struggling, this is the first real Christmas together and she looks so lost.

"You are thinking too much Alena, Jackson is simple to think about his wants and needs, honestly think about it what would Jackson really like" She nods thinking about what I am saying.

"I can't exactly give him something like that in front of family and the girls can I" She laughs clicking on, yes, something for the playroom, something just for them to share together would be an ideal gift for Jackson.

"You are really bad at this present thing aren't you, buy something that you give him away from everyone else, buy something like a watch, a Keyring, a belt, I don't know for him to open in front of everyone else" She sits thinking, after a while she finally gets an idea.

"I don't know how to find it, his whip, the one Max stole, I have no idea where to even look" I have to smile, I know exactly where that whip is from.

"He has had that whip for over ten years, but I know exactly where he got it from, it is not one you can just buy, someone made it" It was one of a kind, custom made just for him.

"Buy the other gift Alena, then I will drive you to the place" She gets up and I follow her, both of us walking back to the car. Alena goes to get in the driver's side, holding out my hand, she passes me the keys and walks to the passenger side. Driving we pull up outside the shop.