Book Six Chapter Two

Getting out the car I walk in, grabbing my bag, simple and easy as I have not even unpacked. Walking back out I place it in my car, Alena beginning to drive, following behind her I watch, I feel relieved that no one is trying to hurt her, and this whole-body guard is a precaution. 

Driving to the house it feels weird, getting out I walk to her car, opening her door for her and she smiles.

"Thank you, Adrian" I nod smiling.

"No problem Kit..." My word stopping, hoping she didn't hear it, she didn't. I need to be more careful; I can't be going around calling her kitten again! We walk in; a young woman sat with the children, the girls are so big now. 

They get up running over to Alena and cuddling her straight away. Standing looking at me, Marcus following them, again cuddling Alena and looking at me.

"Adrian, this is Jo, she is the babysitter, she is here most days watching the kids while I work" I nod.

"My friend, Georgina will be around later, she is coming with her husband Liam, Liam is Jackson's brother" I nod, not sure what to say, this feels far to weird been back here.

"Grab a drink Adrian; I am just going to see Jo out" I nod, sitting at the table I used to sit at, but not getting myself a drink. 

This is wrong, I am glad I am here, yet at the same time the worry of if I had died, who would be sat here right now? Watching, Alena shows the lady out, she smiles at me on her way past, Alena closing the door after.

"So, once the children are asleep, I will go over the schedule with you, I don't expect you to be with me 24/7 that is not right so don't worry" I nod, not too bothered. She walks over and gets the children bringing them over.

"Katie, Isabella and Marcus this is Adrian, he is going to be staying here till daddy gets back" They stand staring at me, like they would any stranger, the girls not recognising me at all either. 

Sitting I watch as she gets food ready, the kids sitting and eating, Alena sat working while eating. 

The door opens, Georgina and Liam walking in, this is the moment, if anyone will notice it is now, they both look at me then at Alena.

"Who the hell is this?" Georgina's voice loud as she stares at me, I want to laugh but I won't I need to be Adrian, not Marcus.

"My new fella" We all look at her shocked, and she laughs.

"The guy Jackson told me I had to hire, seriously you two what do you take me for?" She shakes her head, and they look at her, Georgina going to say something but changing her mind.

"Anyway, this is Adrian, he is going to be here a lot until Jackson gets back" I stand up, I should introduce myself or at least say hello. Holding out my hand I smile at them.

"I am Adrian" They both shake my hand, Liam staring at me for way to long, he needs to stop.

"Can you two sit with the girls while I show him where he is sleeping?" Liam nods sitting down, Georgina's whisper not so quiet.

"You're letting a stranger stay?" Alena shakes her head, no doubt something she will talk to her about later. Following her upstairs she points out the rooms, the girl's room is now baby Marcus's, upstairs is a loft and the girls, her room is the same. 

The room I sleep in the door closed, expecting her to say that room, she walks past it to the next guest room pointing to it as my room.

"That is the safe room; I will give you the code for it. The other two rooms with codes are private" I nod, putting my bag in the room I follow Alena downstairs, I don't feel at home here, or right walking around freely anymore.