Book Five Chapter Forty-Six

W

aking up to the sound of the door banging, I jump up, Alena stood at the door looking at me full of terror, I jump out of bed grabbing my phone.

"What has happened?" I look through the texts, what the hell has happened.

"I will ring him, you grab the girls I will meet you downstairs and let you know what he says" She nods turning to leave, no that isn't a good idea.

"No, stay here, let me check downstairs is okay, wait for me to call you" Walking downstairs, I check everywhere, everything is still locked, the alarm is still on.

"It is safe Alena" I call up to her. Walking into the living room I call Jackson, he isn't back so whatever it is, isn't good.

"Marcus" He answers immediately.

"What is going on? Alena is freaking out this morning" He stays quiet for a minute.

"Someone has been in the house and the business. One of the workers went into the cleaning room, they saw a trail of blood, we obviously called the police there was no body, and it is animal blood. The blood is all over Alena's wedding dress, whoever it is, has been in the house and taken it" 

I sit nodding, what the hell has been going on.

"I will be home soon, don't let her leave your side Marcus" I don't know what to say, but I know I need to tell Alena.

"I won't, see you when you get home" I hang up walking to the table, my hand patting the seat next to me. She turns off the cooker, walking over she sits opposite me, she looks so ill.

"One of the staff went into an old room, it is used mostly for storage, but also cleaning stuff, leaving she noticed a trail of blood" Stopping I take a breath and carry on.

"There was no body or anything, don't worry, it is confirmed, it is animal blood, no doubt from a butcher or somewhere" She nods waiting, I don't know how to do this part.

"I am not sure how to say this, but Alena, your wedding dress was there, Katies wedding dress on the floor covered in blood, or what looks like it" 

She looks at me, her face turning white, her hand gripping her throat, she runs upstairs, I can hear her being sick. I can't go up, the girls are down here, I look around, unsure what to do, I want to go comfort her, but at the same time the girls are sitting at the table waiting for breakfast.

"Alena, are you okay? I can't come up and leave the girls" I stand at the bottom of the stairs, the door opening Jackson walking in looking at me.

"Where is she?" Jackson looks around for Alena.

"She is upstairs, she's been sick for over twenty minutes, I couldn't go up and leave the girls" he nods rushing upstairs, I finish cooking for her, giving the girls their breakfast, Jackson walks down tapping my shoulder.

"Happy birthday bro" I laugh at him and shake my head.

"It isn't a birthday without a blood bath hey" He nods laughing, trying to lighten the mood.

"Alena wants you, she wants to say happy birthday, she isn't happy she forgot" I nod walking upstairs to her room, standing at the door looking at her. She looks awful, truly awful.

"Happy 70th you old bugger" She laughs, walking over I sit on the edge of her bed.

"Cheers babes are you feeling better?" She nods her head, clearly a lie.