Book Five FINAL!

Getting up I drive home, something doesn't feel right. Walking in Alena is stood there full of fear just like in her dreams, I walk over to her trying to comfort her.

"Alena? What's happened?" She stays quiet, I can see her face looking around, she is in shock, something has happened.

"Okay upstairs now to the safe room, run upstairs, I am right behind" My words soft, I don't want to shout at her, I don't want to upset her. 

She runs upstairs, walking out to the car I go to get my phone, I will need to call Jackson, turning Alena is standing at the door looking at me. I smile, trying to make her feel safe. The gun shot making me want to run to Alena and protect her, but I can't, my body falls back against the car, my chest hurting, Alena's eyes full with tears as she runs over to me, my body slumped against the car. 

I can see Roxy, she is standing right there with the gun. Alena's screams scaring me, she needs to leave me and protect herself, my hands trying to push her away.

"Safe room" my words quiet as I struggle to breathe, Alena's eyes filled with tears, her hands pulling me

"Marcus, get up" She screams trying to pull me up, but I can't move, my body won't move. Her eyes are soaked, and it is like Jackson is gone all over again. I smile, trying to make her happy.

"Don't cry" My hand rubbing against hers, she keeps crying, and I can't stop her, I smile at her trying to make her smile. Her face full of love and hurt, and I can't fight this war anymore, I won enough battles, the war is finally over.

"Don't go, please" Crying, she pulls me closer to her, her body is shaking, I should be comforting her not her comforting me. She is amazing, she truly is, and I am happy I am dying here and now.

"I love you Alena, we had a perfect surprise planned out for tonight, you were going to be my brat, just this once before I leave" She shakes her head, the tears filling my eyes, seeing her pain, knowing I can't help by taking it away, I can't do anything to help her. Closing my eyes, I feel free, there is no pain, no hurt, no sadness just me and her.

"No Marcus, open your eyes don't fall asleep" My eyes opening looking at her, the weight on her shoulders is massive, the burden of me dying making her cry.

"You made me happy, I am dying a happy man Alena, look after Jackson. I know you have been hurting loving us both"

"Please wake up, stay with me Marcus, you can't leave me" Everything goes black and for once I feel at peace, everything dark. It seems like hours, days or even weeks in the darkness. Opening my eyes, it is bright, I look around me, a man stood there in uniform.

"Alena" I go to move, unable to and he shakes his head.

"Alena is alive and well, you were pronounced dead at the scene, they kept trying to save you, they somehow got your heart beating again, the bullet just scraped your heart" What is he talking about.

"Where is Alena" She would be here, Jackson would be here, where are they. I try to get up unable to move again.

"You have to realise Marcus, no one knows you are alive, you had a funeral, you have been in a coma for over three months" I shake my head at his words.

"Well, now I am going home" He shakes his head at me sitting down.

"You have a choice Marcus, you can go back to your old life, and Roxy and Jake will get reduced sentences, or you can join the team, forget your past life, and they both get life" I look at him, can I really give up Alena? But the thought of agreeing and them two staying locked up for longer makes me see sense. Jackson and Alena don't need me no more, and if I go back into their life, everything can become a mess.

"Tell me more" He nods, sitting down.

"I work with the special ops team, you won't be able to go back to Alena, Marcus" I sit and listen, signing the papers to erase my life and have a new identity, and I am doing it all for Alena.