Book Six Chapter Twenty

"Alena" Her head looks up to me, relief on her face.

"I thought you were dead, where are we, I woke up blindfolded, gagged, I thought it was some sort of joke you and Jackson planned, then I was put in here with you" 

They knew, they knew exactly what I had planned, someone told them.

"I thought you were dead, it's been hours" Her words breaking as she begins to cry.

"Look at me Alena, no matter what do not tell them anything, especially the code for the safe, nothing Alena. I don't care what they are doing don't" She nods looking at me, my hands pulling against the cuffs, the metal digging in. There is no way of getting out of these, none at all.

"I won't, they can hurt me and I won't" I nod, I know she won't she is stronger than I give her credit for.

"Alena, it means me as well, no matter what they do to me in front of you, don't tell them anything, and for god sake don't sign anything" Her eyes widen, looking at me she shakes her head.

"I don't know Marcus, I can't watch that and keep quiet" She needs to, my mouth going to open, the sound of the door unlocking making me stop, my lips pushing together in a way to say shh, my body slumping forward, pretending I am still passed out. 

If I am not awake, they may just leave again until later, then I can make sure she doesn't say anything. The sound of footsteps walking around, the sound of Alena screaming breaking my heart, fighting the urge to look up and tell them to stop as she continues to scream.

"Pointless, her weakness is Jackson and Marcus" Maria? Surely that wasn't Maria's voice, the feel of someone kicking my foot, I go to look up fighting myself not to. Not yet, I need to talk to Alena.

"Fine, give it ten minutes, if he is still out of it, I am doing it anyway" Sitting quietly I listen for the door shutting, my head looking up to Alena, her face covered in blood, I want to comfort her.

"Marcus" She looks up at me smiling slightly, I don't care if she can take it, she shouldn't be.

"Your ex-wife apparently has a good swing on her" My heart drops, that was Maria hurting her?

"I'm sorry kitten, I shouldn't ask you to take that, just tell them, if they hit you again tell them. Just promise me, no matter what they do to me you won't, promise me kitten" She nods silently.

"Did Jackson get away?" I shake my head, I can only assume he has, had he not then they would be using the kids to do this not us. 

Sitting we stay quiet, I can't tell her the plan as right now I have no idea what the plan is, everything has changed. 

No one will even know we are missing till tomorrow. The door opens again, my body sitting up ready, Spider stood there smiling, Maria's arm linked through his.

"There was no need to hurt her, none at all she doesn't even know the code" I look at Maria, my sweet loving wife, or at least what I thought she was.

"Oh there was, it was fun, and she was sleeping with my husband, making him fall for her, so yes there was" I shake my head, Alena sitting quietly, someone walking over to me, unfastening my arms from the walls, the irony of this situation right now. My body being pulled up, the shackles around my wrists being clipped above my head, winking at Alena I smile.

"I knew it was you, when they brought the papers, showing your picture as the new guy who took Luke's job, I knew it was you. Everyone all along knew it was you Marcus" Well that explains how they know everything, they could have been tracking calls, chats and everything else days.