Book Six Chapter Six

Walking downstairs, Jackson is sat with the kids, Alena clearly still in bed, he looks at me, and I can see he still has so much he wants to say. Walking into the kitchen I begin making a coffee, Jackson walking towards me.

"Alena should know" Turning I face him, is he crazy.

"Alena should not know, ever. Do you realise the danger she is in, the danger she will be in if she knows what is happening with the business?"

"Not that, I mean you Marcus, she deserves to know you are alive, she already suspects. She isn't sure, and she thinks it is down to the fact she misses you, but she will find out" 

There is no way she can know I am Marcus, she finds out everything changes, I get pulled back in again, I will relax again, and I will have to explain why I am here

"You should be wanting me to hide the truth, not telling her who I am" I turn to the sound of footsteps, Alena walking over to us smiling.

"Everything okay?" She looks at us both.

"Yes, I am just discussing how there were no issues while he was away" I turn to look at Jackson, praying he won't tell her, I can't concentrate on this mission and her.

"Yeah, everything is fine kitten, go sit with the girls I will bring you a coffee" He smiles kissing her forehead, and she walks away.

"Thanks, Jackson" I need to remember to call him Jackson, not bro. If I call him bro in front of Alena she will know.

"If she mentions you again, and how much you remind her of Marcus, I am telling her, I mean it" Nodding I agree, I won't let her know it is me.

"So, what is your plan for today now I am home?" He looks at me waiting.

"I need to meet the team, recap on everything. I need to find a way into the gang. I also need to let them know you know" That is going to get me in shit, but they must have known Jackson would realise.

"Okay, what about the old team, are you telling them?" Shaking my head I refuse, the fewer people that know it is me, the easier it will be to walk away after.

"No, I would rather not pull them into this" He doesn't argue. Instead, he carries Alena's coffee through to her, walking to the table I sit with my coffee, Jackson joining me.

"You realise sitting with me so much will look wrong, you wouldn't do this with others" 

Getting up I walk out, I hate how I am treating him, but I have to, so I don't feel pulled into staying. Getting into the apartment I sit down, everyone looking at me. There is no need for them to know.

"Right updates now please" Everyone sitting telling me updates on how they are getting on. I told Dwayne to get closer to Jo, so he has been showing up around where she is, getting closer to her. 

We need someone attached to each of them, there is no way someone can with Mary, she is his husband she would not even consider speaking to a man. Hours sitting talking and planning the next move. 

One thing I know is there is a reason they wanted the babysitter one of their own and the guard, and it is because they are planning to use them if anything goes wrong. 

I don't like that fact, they are planning to use either Alena or the children if things go bad and obviously things are going to. We can't ignore what is happening and let them do this.

"Right, I will be back tomorrow, I expect more progress by then" Getting up I walk out, heading back I know I have to face Jackson and all his questions.