Book Six Chapter Nine

"He's obviously still in that mood Alena, and can't stop thinking about the kitten that ran away" Jackson laughs trying to save my neck, and I was the one shouting at him for nearly blowing my cover.

"What is going on? I know something is" She looks at us both, Jackson looking at me and now we are both stuck on what to say.

"Well, come on how long have you two known each other?" I look at her confused, she knows, that is what me and Jackson always said to each other when we fought or knew one was lying.

"Since I got back home a few days ago, never meet him before, what is going on babes?" Jackson stands up, his arm wrapping around her, kissing her cheek, she stays staring at me.

"I have only ever seen you like this with Marcus, no one else, not even Troy after Marcus died, this doesn't make sense at all" She is going to figure this out soon, and Jackson knows it himself.

"Honestly, we just get along, he was in the army, he served for the country and in some ways that makes us brothers because we were all trying to accomplish the same thing. Honestly, it is just friendly chats, so I know who I am leaving my wife with when I go in like twenty minutes"

 She isn't taking his answer, the door opens Troy walking in, looking at us, I shake my head quickly, he looks like he thinks she knows.

"Everything okay?" He looks at Alena, not anyone else.

"No, something is going on that people are not telling me, these two for one are far to close and pally, like hell I believe they just met" Her eyes stay on me, I try to avoid looking into hers if I do she will know.

"Honestly Alena, they don't know each other, stop panicking, they are in a way like brothers, Jackson is going to talk to him and spend time with him. He is here with his wife alone, he needs to know he can trust him in this house alone with you" 

I am glad Troy has a good answer, one that backs up Jackson, Alena nods and walks off sitting back on the sofa watching what ever she was.

"What the hell did you two do while I was away?" Sitting down we re-cap him quickly, he laughs at my situation then looks at Jackson shocked at calling me, Marcus.

"Why the hell would you call him that?" He shakes his head.

"Make no wonder why she was so bloody confused when I got back" Jackson laughs at his response.

"No, that was more the fact dumb nut here called her kitten" Troy now looks at me shocked.

"I fucked up I know, anyway, you go say bye to Alena you need to leave" He nods getting up he walks off.

"I'm going to go to bed for the night, the less time I am away from Alena, the safer for us all" Troy nods, and I walk upstairs, I can't believe how close it all came to crumbling down, I can't hurt Alena by walking away again. 

Maybe I didn't have to? I have a son surely that could change the terms of the contract, that I didn't know all the information before I signed? Lying in bed, I close my eyes falling asleep, for a change, it isn't Alena's broken figure in my dreams it is Rebecca, those final moments of her walking away, knowing now I will never see her again, and for some reason, that reality hurts. 

I for some reason want to go find her, tell her I want her again and that none of this is over, but I can't I have to let her go, she said her goodbye, and it needs to stay that way.

3 secret unveiled

The sounds of MJ screaming waking me up, getting out of bed I walk downstairs, Troy there trying to get him away from Alena and failing, he keeps screaming hitting him away, and I have to laugh.