Book Six Chapter Seven

. Alana smiles at me, walking into the kitchen I put the kettle on, morning coffee to prepare me for the next week ahead. 

To be honest, I am grateful Jackson is leaving today, I won't have to worry that he is going to tell Alena or try to change the babysitter. I do though think we need someone here while Alena and I aren't.

"Breakfast?" I turn to her, as always beautiful with a fierce storm at her heels, yet she is blissfully unaware.

"I'm fine, thank you, you have your man to look after, plus all this home cooked food is going to throw me off when I leave" I laugh walking out the house, sitting on the steps outside I drink my coffee. 

Who is going to be the best to stay here, if it is one of my guys it will raise suspicion, they are people Jackson and Alena don't know, it needs to be someone they know. Maybe, Troy, we could hatch a plan together, he doesn't need to know it's me. 

He could decorate or anything as a reason, so no one wonders why she needs a guard here as well.

"Everything is sorted for me leaving, anything else needed?" nodding I get ready to tell him my plan.

"We need Troy if possible. I'm not comfortable leaving the kids here with jo. I can't bring one of the team Alena doesn't know them, and when Jo tells spider, it could cause trouble" I would hate myself if anything went wrong.

"So what? We tell Troy it's you and he needs to guard the girls while your with Alena?" He is keen to let everyone know, and this is why he needs to leave.

"No, Troy will know me as Adrian, not Marcus. You need to think of some work in the house that needs doing. That's the excuse to keep track" he nods thinking about it.

"Safe room, think about it. Troy can be here but out the way while watching and listening. Why didn't I think of that before, I need to watch all the cctv that has recorded and saved since Jo started been the babysitter" I can't believe I never thought of that.

"I'll watch it with you today and find out when Troy is available" Not a chance, shaking my head I laugh.

"You leave tonight, spend the day with Alena other than when Troy comes, and think of something to tell Alena as she can't know the truth" He nods getting up, truth is if he watches and anything gets said I know he will react, we have no idea if Jo has let anyone in at anytime. 

Walking up to the safe room I put the code in, walking in I switch the monitors on. Going back to the first day Jo started I hit play, skipping the morning with Alena to where Jo arrives. Watching as Alena walks out, everything fine. 

Jo clearly looking towards too door, the screen going blank it comes back on and shows Alena walking in. Skipping to the next day within two minutes of Alena leaving it stops recording again until she gets home. Sitting I go through the weeks, every day the same even if Jo wasn't babysitting. Looking around I check the settings, and sure enough, they were changed that day Jo started. 

It no longer films anything between 9 and 4 every day. I can easily set it back up, but then it would mean Alena asking about it. If Troy is here then he can watch everything on the screens, I will have to tell Jackson though, this is something I can't hide. 

Sitting I try to see if there is any outside footage anything at all but apparently not, frustration getting to me I roll up my sleeves and keep going.

"Any luck?" Turning Jackson is at the door, shaking my head at him.

"Well, Troy is on his way up he's just saying hi to Alena" I nod waiting listening to him walking upstairs.