Book Five Chapter Nineteen

"What have you done wrong now?" See even he assumes I did something wrong.

"I told her I want a baby, that I want it to be only us in our relationship. She told me I would be a bad role model and kept talking about how me going on missions wouldn't work. So, I sent in my resignation and she flipped, making me sleep on the sofa" 

I did what she wanted or at least thought she wanted.

"You need to leave her, I like Maria, I do, but the way she tells you what she wants then throws you to the gutter when you agree isn't good" 

I know he is right, but I don't feel ready to throw away our relationship over something so stupid. 

The month passes quickly the date they are waking Alena up is finally here. Maria and I decided a few weeks apart might help, we still live together, but we have given each other all the space possible, I feel like she is leaving me slowly. 

Standing outside Alena's room, I watch as they turn everything off, the doctors leaving Jackson walking out to me.

'Now we just wait" standing outside the room at her window we talk, I'm not sure why we don't go in, but we don't. 

looking up a short while later her eyes slowly opening, the relief flooding through me, Jackson running to her side immediately. 

I guess I will go back to his, turning I walk off, I need to find out exactly what Maria wants, without guessing I have a feeling she wants a family just not with me. 

Getting back to Jackson's I relieve Troy, so he can go home to his wife, Liam sat in the kitchen, walking over to him I pat his shoulder.

"Alena is awake" I look around unable to see Georgina.

"Great news, I let Georgina know when she gets home with the girls" she must be out.

"So, when are you going to kiss her?" I look at him laughing, he needs to just get it out the way.

"Last time she slapped me" he laughs shaking his head at me.

"Last time you were a child, you have grown since and she certainly looks at you differently" she does I have been watching them all month as the girls brought them closer together. The next two weeks passing quickly, I am beginning to realise Maria wants someone else not me, although when I say it she denies it. 

Jackson is bringing Alena home today, I have stayed away from the hospital since she woke up, Georgina takes my place. The door opens, Jackson helping Alena in and getting her sat on the couch.

"Hi Marcus" she smiles at me, it is such a relief to see her awake and smiling.

"Alena, you look so much better than before" I tease wink at her. Looking at me confused, she turns to Jackson, who is laughing.

"Alena, you remember he was the one who found you

completely naked and covered you, up right?" He looks at her trying to remind her. She laughs as if she has realised something funny.

"Typical, the hottest one has seen me naked at my worst" I laugh at her joking back, Jackson looking shocked.

"Yeah, I am the hottest thank you for confirming it Alena" still laughing at Jackson's face.

"Erm, Alena husband standing right here" he laughs, clearly happy she hasn't lost herself.

"Obviously you're the hottest he's the hottest after you" she laughs at him, clearly seeing he is offended even though he laughs.