Book Five Chapter Seventeen

Getting up I drive straight to Jacksons, hoping when I get there he has somehow found her. Pulling up to his house, the police cars are surrounding it, walking in Jackson looks a mess, no doubt right now he realises how petty and stupid his behavior towards her has been. Would she walk away because of it? 

Sitting at the table I wait for him to finish, I am guessing Liam and Georgina have taken the girls away until the police leave. They take a few items of Alena's and walk out the door, Jackson walks through looking angry.

"They think she left on her own accord, they are going to do a few checks, but said it is likely they won't find her until she wants to be found. She wouldn't just leave Marcus" He looks broken.

"Okay, so tell me your theory" I look at him waiting, unsure what could have happened or where she has gone.

"She was sitting with her phone, I think something to do with Max. The other night there was a bang, we couldn't see anything that caused it. We tracked her phone twenty minutes away from the car, but the signal stops there, honestly it has to be Max" I want to agree, but if it was Max, I don't think we will be getting her back.

"Okay, well, we track people down all the time on missions, let's gather the team, work out places to search, get everything in order and we will go and check the places" 

The team arriving as Georgina and Liam get home with the girls, I have not seen them much, but no doubt I will now until we find Alena. Calling Maria, I explain what has happened and we spend weeks finding old buildings where she could be hidden, each day searching a new one, each time it turns up empty and we see a bit of Jackson die slowly. 

I feel hurt and hate the thought of her being stuck with Max. The police called off the investigation, saying because she and Jackson fell out she had left. 

Now, though I realise she wouldn't have left the girls without a good cause, every night I sleep on the couch, and nearly two months have passed. The team giving up hope, you can see it in their eyes, they don't think she is going to be found. 

I look at Jackson and see him and Alena, the fact we gave up on him and it took nearly 8 months for him to return home. I can't imagine doing that to Alena and I can see Jackson isn't giving up. 

Every day we have been searching, getting further away, every day someone tells us a bit of information which turns out to be useless, but we still check the places. I have watched the girls go from babies to now being able to sit up alone.

"Marcus, I need your help" looking up at Jackson I nod, I will help him in any way possible.

"Follow me" I get up, following him upstairs as he puts the code into the room, this is his dungeon, I'm not sure why he wants my help in here. Walking in he looks around, turning to me smiling.

"I want this whole room redone for Alena, like one at work that she connected with" He grabs something walking towards me.

"This room, I know it will take time, but I want it done for Alena, a Christmas present for she gets back" nodding I understand.

"Happy to help, you order the stuff that is needed, and I will get started" walking in I start packing away the items my whole day spent taking the fixings from the ceilings and walls. 

Days passing, and this seems to be giving him the hope he needs somehow the room finally finished and he looks worse now than before. The fact Alena can't see it and we have no idea if she ever will and today I have to destroy Jackson some more.