Chapter Twelve: What Must Be Done

Liv

Monday

January 14, 2019

22:36 pm (10:36 pm)

I sat in my bed, with Stephen King's book 'Firestarter' in my hands. I'd seen the movie a thousand times, with little adorable 6yr old Drew Barrymore as the titular main character. But I'd never read the book, and I was rather interested in doing so. So far the book seemed to match the film quite closely.

Weirdly enough, I sort of enjoyed reading the books after seeing the film. Like with 'The Outsiders', I fell in love in the movie and then I read the book. It was really fun to envision the actors I'd seen on screen as they were meant to be portrayed in the actual book. It just made the experience so enjoyable.

I was sitting in some black short shorts, an over-sized burgundy hoodie, and fluffy black socks. My curls were down, I contemplated tying them up.

But with all that being said, I was only halfway through chapter 1...and I couldn't focus. My phone lay right next to my thigh, and I just kept glancing at it. Waiting for something. I mean here I was...I was the one with Noah's number, yet it's as if I was waiting for him to do something. It's ridiculous. I won't message him. There's no reason to.

And then I started hearing something. A sound...one that I wasn't very comfortable to say was getting louder and louder.

Moaning.

Oh shit, not again Andries. It wasn't long until Mila came storming into my room. Mila was 22 yrs old and she stood at about 5"8 (1.72m). She had really long ginger locks that flowed down past her chest. With an adorable button nose and crystal blue eyes, along with sweetly spotted freckles. She stood there in my doorway, with her long hair tied up into a loose messy ponytail. Wearing a burgundy coloured t-shirt and grey loose fitting sweat pants.

 Wearing a burgundy coloured t-shirt and grey loose fitting sweat pants

"He's doing it again!" she yelled, sounded absolutely annoyed

"What do you me to do about it?" I asked honestly

"Tell him to keep it down, I have actual work to do for a client. And he's literally fucking at top volume"

"Well...you're standing up, why don't you tell him yourself," I said, really not wanting to have to go and bother him myself. "No, I'm not, I'm going back to my room so I can actually meet my deadline for once. He's your cousin, he'll listen to you. I can't be bothered" she said, storming off and purposely leaving my door open. Fuck.