Chapter Fourteen: The Problem With Boys

Liv

Tuesday

January 15, 2019

20: 34 pm (20:34 pm)

I'd been home for a couple hours now. Weirdly trying to learn more about some of the odd the band names Noah mentioned earlier. I wasn't aiming to impress him with my new found knowledge or anything.

I wasn't.

I just...I was interested. Curious. I liked how 'Cage The Elephant' sounded, and I wouldn't mind finding more of their songs. It seemed like such a peaceful quiet evening, laying bed comfortably. Listening to music...thinking of Noah.

Wait.

WAIT!

No...not like that. I was just...I just...I couldn't get his stupid dimples out of my head. The way they enhanced his cocky smirks and grins. Him and his ridiculous dimples were burned into my mind, and I couldn't seem to properly think of anything else.

*BUZZ*

I heard a faint buzzing sound through my earphones. Not bothering to move from my comfortable position, I stayed put. Till the buzzing happened again...and again. I could hear a very annoyed Mila, stomping down the hall.

Guess she was mad again.

I closed my eyes and raised the volume on my phone. Hmmm, I could peacefully listen to this band all night.

Though I wouldn't get to. My eyes shot open, as the sudden weight of human beings landed on my body. It was Isa and Janna, happily grinning as they both crushed my rib cage. Imaan chose to cutely smile at me, as she opted for sitting in the chair near my desk.

I took my earphones out "hey! What are you guys doing here? And could you...AGH...get off my rib-cage, please"

"Uhh, because we didn't get to see you today" Janna smiled, moving over on my bed

"Yeah, the showcase stuff just started, and you're too busy for us already" Isa smirked

"Yeah, sorry...I've just been working with N...I mean..." I started, then quickly stopped myself from mentioning Noah's name. I opted to segway into another topic.

"Hey wait, when did I give you guys my address?"

"Group chat remember? When you guys were deciding whose house you'd get ready at for that New Year's party" Imaan replied

"That was a while ago, though. You could've just messaged me now" I said

"Yeah, well you'd probably say you were too busy to see us" Isa joked, jabbing me a little. I smiled, but the thought of Noah still weighing on my mind. Should I tell them? I mean Engel isn't even here.

"Where's Engel?" I asked, now that I think about it...why isn't she?

"She said she had to go shopping with her mom, she couldn't get out of it" Isa answered. At that moment, Mila barged into my room. Looking very different than usual.

 Looking very different than usual