Chapter Twenty-Two: The Morning After

Liv

Saturday

January 19, 2019

10:57 am

I didn't want to move.

Curled up in his now warm and cosy black duvet cover.

What was I going to do?

I didn't want to move but I had to. I needed to leave, I needed to go home and probably vent about everything to Mila. I could tell her, since she wasn't in any way directly involved in the drama that surrounded, Noah. But in telling her this... I'd have to explain everything...from the beginning. Starting with Engel trying to lose her virginity and then the pregnancy scare...and...on second thought.

Maybe not.

But I couldn't stay here. Even if Noah wanted me to, and I know he would suggest it.

I slowly peaked one eye open, trying to get a glance of the couch.

Noah wasn't there.

Did he leave?

Did he ditch me in his own house?

Whatever.

Point was, I needed to leave.

I reluctantly rolled out of his bed, scurried to the bathroom so I could check the state of myself. My curls were sort of pointing in every which direction, but otherwise, I guess I looked fine.

Wait...why does it matter how I look?

I'm not trying to look nice for him, I'm only aiming to look at the very least decent when I head home on the bus.

That's it.

I released a heavy sigh. This whole situation was pretty fucked. Spending the night at Noah's house, playing music for each other, drinking tea together. And I wouldn't even know to where to begin...if I had to explain this to someone. Let alone Engel if she ever found out.

This was stressful.

I dampened my hair with some water from the sink, loosening and detangling curls with my fingers. I had half the mind to look around his bathroom for some Mousse or something for my hair to keep. But then logic sort smacked me in the face, why the fuck would he have that stuff?

I rolled my eyes at the thought of Noah applying a shit ton of hair products to his hair. But then again...it had been looking pretty silky these days...maybe he did use something. I quickly shook off the thought. Using the bathroom, and then readjusting my black lacey dress and black wool cardigan, I actually looked pretty good.

Just need my lipstick.

Which was...FUCK...in my jacket.

Nevermind then.