Chapter Fifty-Seven: I'm Ready To Let Go

Liv

Tuesday

February 19th, 2019

23:02 pm (11:02 pm)

His soft lips meshed against mine with ease, his warm tongue masterfully twirled with mine, my arms comfortably draped over his shoulder with my fingers running his soft hair.

We were laying on my bed, Noah was on top of me, practically laying between my legs.

My heart was beating rapidly, my body tingling all over.

I missed this.

I missed him.

This whole Calder situation really fucked me up...fucked us up...and that's an understatement.

Earlier, after I decked Calder square in the jaw, we went to a convenience store and got some ice for my hand. That was before we went and reported Calder to the police.

It was definitely one the scariest things I'd ever had to do...just being there...having to recount every little detail as best as my memory could retell it. I gave them all of my evidence, the photo, the recording.

I'd walked in there, riding high after 'taking down' Calder, only to feel nervous and insecure about it all.

They'd told me that what I had was good, it was definitely a positive move in getting him prosecuted and if I'm lucky, he could be given an actual sentence.

But they also said, that while my chances were good, there was a high likely-hood that I'd have to take him to court. At the very least stand in court and identify him, and...maybe even tell a jury my account of everything.

And while part of me knew that...if that's what needed to be done, then I had to do it. A guy like that didn't deserve to be walking free, he didn't deserve to get away with this.

But I'd be lying...if I couldn't at the very least admit to myself, that...I was scared too.

Every time I opened my mouth to retell the events...it was like reliving it all over again.