Chapter Sixteen: Green Tea and Cold Cocoa

Noah

Wednesday

January 16, 2019

17:06 pm (5:06 pm)

To my surprise she'd gotten to the cafe before me, sitting and waiting in the booth we both sat in yesterday. And a part of me sort dreamed that this was a date, one where we just got to sit together and be in each other's company. We'd talk about music and art and I'd make her smile. A real date...like she didn't just drag herself to meet me here because she had to.

But maybe she didn't.

If she wanted to, she could've suggested that we keep working on this at school. In the auditorium with the other groups. Surrounded by more people.

But she didn't.

In fact, she was the one that suggested the cafe today.

So...she doesn't mind being alone with me. At least sort of...this is still a public cafe. But it is still just the two of us sitting at that booth. I calmly walked over to her, sliding into the seat directly across from her. She ran her fingers through her curls...I loved that, and greeted me "hey, you're late"

An uncontrollable smirk found its way onto my lips "I didn't know you were so punctual"

"I...I'm not. Whatever, it's been three days. We have to get started on at least the lyrics of this song" she quickly changed the topic. I went ahead and ordered a Green tea, before saying "weren't you the one who suggested we get to know each other first? Before writing the song"

"Well...yeah...but I mean, that was an idea. I... I'm not really sure" she paused, she was looking right at me. Like she was losing herself in my eyes or something, she started shifting her position and staring down at her mug of cocoa "I'm not sure what to do next, okay. It sounded like a good idea in theory, but I'm...actually stumped. I mean, we don't even know what type of song we're aiming to write. Or what emotion we're aiming for, what instruments we'll use...I" she was rambling now, and it was kind of cute to see her like that.

"Calm down," I said softly

"Calm down? We've got a month to do this. And we haven't even started" she was borderline hysterical

"Okay okay, yesterday you made a list. Our top 6 bands or whatever, show it to me. I've got an idea" I began sipping my tea. She sifted through her bag until her notebook came into view. She handed it to me, her soft hand grazing against mine. My eyes uncontrollably trailing up her arm and focusing on her body and then her face. I quicking shook it off before my mind could start imagining things.

Clearing my throat, I started flipping through the pages until I landed on our lists.

Liv's Top 6:

• Aquilo
• Joan Baez
• Oasis
• Alvvays
• The Shins
• Roy Orbison

Noah's Top 6:

• Roy Orbison
• Neon Indian
• Two Door Cinema Club
• Cage The Elephant
• Broken Bells
• The Strokes