Chapter Six

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I wish this were just

a nightmare that we

could wake up from.❞

☰►─═06═─◄☰

I COMPOSE MYSELF AS I STOOD IN FROM OF MY NEXT PATIENTS ROOM. I was not anticipating... that kind of an encounter. When I think I've settled down, I open the new file to study the next patient.

▭▭▭

║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║

patient profile
confidential

✔ᒪOᑕKEᗪ  ✖ᑌᑎᒪOᑕKEᗪ

ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴛ #⁰⁰⁵

TODOROKI SHOUTO

D.O.B: 11 JANUARY, 1999.

REASON/S: Unwanted child. Distrust of everyone.

ILLNESS/ES:
Paranoid Personality Disorder
Insomnia

BACKGROUND INFORMATION: Before admittance, the patient was in an abusive family. The father bullying the children and abusing the mother. The mother describes the patient as 'looking so much like the father', which scared her. One day, the mother was at her breaking point, leading her to take it out on the patient. She poured boiling water over the patients face and threw the cup at him. This caused a permanent distrust towards everyone and permanent damage to his brain.

The patient has insomnia from the incident and cannot sleep effectively, as well as getting frequent nightmares about his childhood.

Warning: If having a nightmare, wake up immediately.

▭▭▭

I find myself frowning at the file. Holy shit that some sad stuff. I inhale a deep breathe as I open the door. I turn around to lock it when I hear a low voice.

"Who are you?" I turn around to see Todoroki sitting on the bed. His mismatched hair was unkept. Half was white, while the other half was red. I look to his eyes to see them also mismatched. One cerulean blue and one a stormy grey, as well as a large patch of burnt skin around his blue eye. They also carried uncertainty and fear. I do a slight wave as I smile.

"My names Y/N L/N and I'll be your new doctor." He rolled his eyes as he feel back into his bed and huffed.

"What's the point in getting to know you? You'll just run away like the others." I chuckle lightly as I walk over and sit on the bed besides him.

"I can't count the amount of times I've heard that one." He kept an uncertain face as he sat up and faced me. I smile at him. "But, just know, that I'm not like your previous doctors. I care about you, and I want to try my best to help you, whenever you need me to." He seems unfazed, but nods slowly.

"Sure." He rolls over and hugs his pillow, seemingly going to sleep. I hum as I lower myself to the floor and sit against the wall. I pull out my phone. Why not kill some time?

While I checked my phone, obviously looking for some spicy memes, I felt Todoroki stir besides me. I get on my knees and look at him to see an expression of fear etched onto his face. He whimpered as he tossed and turned. I sprang up and started to shake his shoulders.

"Todoroki! Wake up!" He finally came to and looked at me with a shocked expression. I smile go back to sitting on the floor. "Are you okay?" I ask, peering up at him, his hair falling down as he peered over the bed to see me. He shook his head as a 'no'. I weakly smile. "I'm always here if you wanna talk about it." To my surprise, he slipped out of his bed and sat down besides me.

"I'm supposing you've read my file?" He says, giving me a side glance. I nod. He huffs. "Then you know about my family, and what they are." He says, adding venom. I cross my legs and turn to him.

"Y'know, your really strong Todoroki." He looked at me with an eyebrow raised. I nod. "You've been so mistreated, to the point where everyone's an enemy." I look down and smile. "You deserve better. While, admittedly, I can't do much, I want to do my best to help you." He stared at you with a dumbfounded expression. He broke his gaze and looked at the floor, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Thank you..." he mumbled, you nearly missed him say it. You smiled.

Suddenly, a siren echoed, its constant beeping making you wince. You looked at Todoroki for some kind of explanation, but he was as confused as you. You stood up and walked over to the door.

"I'll go see what's happening." You say, twisting the door handle. You feel a hand grab your wrist. You turn to see Todoroki staring at you with a concerned look.

"Don't die." He said. I smiled before nodding.

"I'll try not to."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬