Chapter Twenty-Six

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A sick thought can devour

the body's flesh more than

fever or consumption.

☰►─═26═─◄☰

I SIGHED AS I WALKED SLOWLY DOWN THE HALLWAY. Antiseptics lingered in the air.

'For an asylum, its rather clean.' I thought, as I stopped infront of the next door. I opened it and peeked inside.

"Oh shit." I whispered. I closed the door and rushed over to the body on the floor. I gasped when I saw him. "Tetsu! Wake up." I say, shaking his shoulders. He had blood on his forehead and his knuckles, as well as fresh bruises on his elbows.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked up at me, groaning. He struggled to give a toothy grin as he closed his eyes.

"Hey Y/N." He grinned, as if nothing had happened. I gave a lopsided smile as I stared at his  happy features.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, pulling a handkerchief out of my pocket. I dab at the blood on his forehead.

"I'm feeling better now." He replied, his voice sounded goofy. His head isn't doing too good, with a gash like that, I'm guessing he has a killer headache. I almost chuckle at his delirious state.

"How.. did you get like this?" He opens his eyes for a moment, only to close them and tilt his head the other way. Seems like he doesn't want to talk about it. I exhale a breathe. "Can you stand?" I ask.

"I think so." He replied, opening his eyes. I saw that they were bloodshot. I mentally scoulded myself for not seeing it earlier. I moved back and held out a hand while crouching.

"Here, take my hand." He looks to me and nods, holding my hand in his. I stand and yank him up. He's unsteady, so I stand besides him and support him. It was difficult considering he was much larger then myself, but I managed.

Once he could stand without help, I stepped away. I turned my attention back to his bloodied hands and the dried blood on his forehead. He caught my gaze and scratched the back of his neck, flashing a smile.

"I'm fine." He said unconvincingly. I smiled as I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Sure you are, come with me." I walked to the door and opened it. I glanced back and saw him stare at me like I was crazy. I extended a hand. "It's fine as long as you hold my hand." He looked away as he held my hand, hiding a blush. I snickered quietly as we walked out of the room, and down the hall.

"Now we just need to get you cleaned up." I say, spotting the drink station ahead. It was in the middle of the hall. It was a table cut into the wall with cups on one side and a water cooler at the end of the ceramic table. There was also a sink in the middle of the table. I smiled as we reached it.

I pull out a full paper towels from the dispenser and ran cold water over it, making a soggy ball. I squeezed it, making most of the water pour back into the sink. I had let go of Tetsu's hand in the process. I turned to give him a nod.

"Hold still for a second." I say. I held the damp ball of paper towels to his forehead, soaking up and wiping the blood away. He seemed to calm as I did this. I threw it out when I was done, and repeated the process with a new damp ball. I held his hand gingerly as I wiped away the blood from both of his knuckles.

I threw away the bloodied ball and gave a smile. "All done! Thanks for being still." I chirp. He looks down, examining his hand. He looks up and smiles.

"Thank you." He says, flashing his sharklike teeth in a wide smile. I nod as I motion back to his room.

"Now we have to get you back." He nodded as we started to walk. I felt a hand intertwine with mine. I sneaked a glance at Tetsu to see him shift his gaze elsewhere, obvious that he had been caught staring at me. I smiled as we continued back to his room.

I continue my journey, walking to the next door. My last patient for the day. I open the door and look in, seeing a purple mop stare. His bloodshot eyes and the bags under his purple orbs were so obvious. He sat on the floor cross legged.

"Hey Hitoshi." I say warmly. He nods as he leans his head onto the steel frame. I closed the door and sat besides him, taking in the silence of the room. I raised my knees and crossed my elbows on top of them. I caught him glance at me.

"Why is there blood on your sleeves?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I look at my sleeves to see that there was splotches of blood all over my sleeve. I was almost disgusted, but shook the feeling away.

"Oh. There was... a situation eariler where someone was bloody, so I cleaned them up." I explain, my eyes focused on the crimson stains showing predominately on my white sleeves. I lowered my knees and started to roll up my sleeves, hiding the crimson. "Sorry, I should've been more careful." I mutter, mentally face palming for making such a mistake. I have to worry about my patients, not the other way around.

"Its fine. Its just surprising." He replies. I finish rolling up my sleeves and looked at him. He shrugged. "You're always so damn innocent. Seeing you... bloodied, is just weird." I gave a small chuckle.

"Innocence? I ran out of that a while ago." I reply. I saw a smile appear on his features. It was quickly removed as he yawned. I raised an eyebrow as I glanced at him. "How long has it been since your last nap?" I ask, studying his bloodshot eyes. He shrugs as he looks down.

"I haven't actually. My minds been to active to sleep." He gave a sigh as he ran a hand through his lavender hair, making it more pointed. I hid a frown.

"I see." I mutter, thinking to myself. "How about trying to sleep now?" I ask. He looks at me before giving a dry chuckle.

"No guarantees." He sighed before laying back, his hair acting as a pillow for him. I smiled as I glanced at his silent figure, hushed breathing filling the empty space. I stretched my legs and leaned back, trying to be comfortable.

'If you can't beat them, join them.' I thought as I felt myself drift off into a slumber.

I feel a faint buzzing wake me up. I instinctively reached for my pocket. I froze when I noticed a dramatic weight on me. I opened my eyes and saw a blob of lavender on my stomach. I grabbed my phone and saw that I had just awoken from a half hour nap.

'Sure as hell didn't feel like half an hour, I feel like shit.'

I noticed that his arms were wrapped around my waist. I shrugged, not having the energy to care. I sat up and gently pushed Hitoshi away, trying not to disrupt his much needed sleep. When I finally knew it was hopeless, I rub my hand on his head.

"Hitoshi?" I ask, my voice struggling to sound normal. He grumbled something before lifting his head. He let go of me and sat up.

"Do you have to go now?" He asked groggily. I nodded. He sighed as he rubbed his eyes.

"Thanks for the nap. I feel like crap though." I groan, stretching my arms. I stood up and ignored the pain in my back. He gave a small laugh and lifted himself onto his bed, flopping onto the pillow. I smiled as I opened the door. "Goodbye Hitoshi." I said softly. As I closed the door, I heard a soft 'goodbye' as well.

We're finally on to the seperate endings. Hope you're excited <3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬