Chapter Ten

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Even in his

sleep he couldn't

escape.

☰►─═10═─◄☰

▭▭▭

║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║

patient profile
confidential

✔ᒪOᑕKEᗪ  ✖ᑌᑎᒪOᑕKEᗪ

ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴛ #⁰⁰⁸

SHINSOU HITOSHI

D.O.B: 1 JULY, 1999

ADMITTANCE DATE: 29th JULY, 2017

REASON/S: Social detachment, unable to concentrate

Illness/es:
Schizoid Personality Disorder
Narcolepsy

BACKGROUND INFORMATION: Before admittance, the patient wouldn't listen to anyone, too busy overthinking situations in his head. This leads the patient to be expressionless when needed, detaching himself from anything real. Patient experiences panic attacks occasionally.

Warning: Be cautious, patient suffers from panic attacks

▭▭▭

You close his file and unlock the door. You peek in to see a guy with pointed lavender hair and darkened bags under his eyes. He looked so disinterested. He sat on the edge of his bed staring at the wall. I closed the door and took a step closer. He still didn't notice me.

I cleared my voice. "Hello there, my names Y/N L/N-"

"I know." I blink as he slowly turned towards me, his purple eyes void of emotion. "You're the so called 'doctor' that's been helping everyone." He scoffs, his voice low. He stared at me blankly, his eyes seemingly distant. He falls back and huffs. "Just leave, there's nothing you can help me with." I cross my arms and rub my chin.

'Surely there's a way to get to him, but how?' I walk over to him and sit down besides him, leaning back on my hands. I turn to see him giving me a subtle glare. I lightly chuckle.

"I know you may not want my help, but I'm not going to just leave you." He groans a little. "It's not just because of my job that I'm here, I genuinely want to help and spend time with you." I fall back onto the bed. "So, too bad if you wanted me to go." I say, grinning at him. He closes his eyes and sighs.

"I'm not meant to be here, there's nothing wrong with me." He states, his tone barren of color. I hum as I think.

"Why do you think you're in here?" His eyes shot open, instantly finding mine. He looked taken aback from the question. A frown formed on his features before he looked away.

"I...I don't know." He responded, sounding confused. I hum in response.

"Apparently, you were socially detached and unable to concentrate-" I sigh. "-But, that's a very stupid reason to be put in a place like this. So, what else do you think it was?" I ask, glancing at the lavender male. He shrugs as he stares at the roof.

"I guess... it's because I had frequent panic attacks." He murmurs slowly, unsure of his own words. I nod. 'We're getting somewhere.'

"If you don't mind me asking, what triggered that?" I ask, cautious of the ice I'm stepping on. For some, talking about this can be either saddening or frightening. He takes his time, either thinking or ignoring me.

"Fear. Fear that everything will fail to exist. Like the Earth will crumble beneath me. Like everything will fail me." He explained, frowning at his own statement. I blink at his words.

'Holy shit that's deep.'

I weakly smile. "Y'know, I think about that sometimes. Like how it would feel to fall off the face of the Earth, since its spherical." I reply. He gives me an confused look.

"Really?" He mutters. I nod.

"Yeah. You're not alone, Shinsou." He narrows his gaze at me. I continue. "Fear is a rational feeling that warns us. It's helpful, but some fears are non existent." I sit up and huff. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, that you don't need to worry." I turn back and smile brightly at him. "That situation will never happen, trust me. But if you ever feel scared about it, don't hesitate to talk with me about it." I exhale a pent up breath and stand up.

"You're leaving?" A low voice behind you asks. I smile as I turn to face him.

"I thought that's what you wanted?" I chuckle. He huffs as he sits up.

"Well, not anymore." He says quietly, almost to himself. His head snaps up as I sit back down besides him. I give a little yawn as I smile at him. A shadow of a smile shows on his lips. "Do you want to take a nap?" He asks. I ponder it before nodding.

"Yeah, I could take a nap." I fall back and use my arms as a pillow. I turn to my side to see Shinsou doing the same thing. While I really shouldn't be sleeping on the job, this was a good way to bond with my patient. And besides, I was rather tired.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬