Chapter Fifteen

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

He was many things right now. and

he felt like he was being pulled

in a million conflicting directions.❞

☰►─═15═─◄☰

MY BREATHE WAS EVEN AS I GENTLY LIFTED MYSELF FROM THE FLOOR, leaning against Eijiro's door. I've been here thinking for the past few minutes.

'Why is this happening to me? It's not like I'm anything special, just a boring girl.'

I bite my lip as I continue onto the next room. Hopefully that scenario won't play out again. Hopefully. I open the door and step in. I see a flash of red and white rolling around on the bed, the covers being kicked everywhere. My eyes widen slightly. I drop my bag and dash over.

"Shouto! Shouto wake up!" I urge, shaking his shoulders. He gasps loudly as he sits up, almost head butting me in the process. His ragged breathing fills the otherwise silent room. I rub his back, comforting him. His eyes widen as he looks at me, his heterochromatic blue and grey orbs displaying shock.

"You're... back." He says after awhile. I nod and flash a smile.

"I am. Are you okay?" I ask, taking my hand from his back and placing it on his shoulder. He glances down at the twisted sheets and slowly nods.

"I thought you left. Just like the rest." He glances up at me, a shadow of a smile playing on his lips. "I'm glad you didn't." He turns his head back and stares at the pale grey sheets. His head shoots up, eyeing me suspiciously. "You said you'd never leave. Where did you go?" His tone now low and accusing.

I give a small smile. "I'm sorry Shouto, yesterday was my day off. I should've told you." I explain. His features soften slightly. I get up from my crouching position and walk to the door, closing it and gripping the bag. I fish a couple books out and walk back. "Here. I got these for you." I say, handing him the new novels. He glazes over them before placing him besides him, slightly tucking them under the pillows.

"Thank you Y/N." He stares up at me for a second. He moves over and pats the now empty space besides him, motioning for me to sit down. I oblige and sit besides him.

"Shouto, I've heard and... experienced things today. I've got the impression that it's because of what happened yesterday." I turn to him, to meet his somewhat guilty but focused stare. "Would you care to elaborate for me?" He sighs audibly and crosses his legs, leaning back on the bed head.

"It's because of Bakugou's pride. He announced that he would be the one to-" he takes a small pause, thinking hard. "To make you his. Then, we all started to speak up, telling him that would never happen." He cuts himself off and stares at me. "Have any of them done anything to you?" He asks, his tone serious with a hint of concern.

I softly laugh. "I can't say they haven't." I say quietly. He leans forward and studies my face, his heterochromatic eyes ablaze.

"What did they do to you?"

I wear a frown. "I'm rather embarrassed to say, I should've taken precautions and controlled the situation." I exhale a defeated sigh. "It wasn't much, but I noticed how close Izuku, Katsuki and Eijiro were, too close I thought." I glanced up to see his undying stare.

"Please explain every encounter." He asked. I gulped and began to explain. Starting off with Izuku's, which wasn't much and was almost normal. Just his separation disorder getting the best of him. Then Katsuki's, which took me by surprise. It was so out of character for the feisty blonde, definitely worrying. Finally, Eijiro's, which was almost expected. Almost.

"And now I'm here." I finish. I exhale a pent up breathe and turned towards Shouto, who now looked upset.

"What about Iida? Did he do anything?" He asks, his true investigator shining. I laugh softly.

"No, he was the one to tell me about everyone. He warned me about those three. Though it was late, it was very helpful." I reply. He nods, his red and white bangs swaying from side to side.

"Good." He leaned forward to embrace me in a hug. "Y/N. Don't let them do that. Especially Bakugou." I hug him back and lean my head against his shoulder, enjoying his warmth.

"I'll try not to. Thanks Shouto." I pull back and giggle. "When you get out of here, you should be a therapist." He raised an eyebrow.

"You think so?" He asks, giving a small smile.

I nod confidently. "Of course! You're great with listening to people, and helping them." He chuckles lightly as he runs a hand through my hair. He pulls his hand back after a few seconds and sighs.

"That is, if I'll ever leave this place." He says, his tone dreary and doubtful. I smile and run my fingers through his mismatched hair, returning the favor. He jerks up and looks at me with shocked eyes. His small smile returns and he closes his eyes, seemingly enjoying my touch. His hair was soft and, admittedly, addicting to touch.

"You'll leave one day, I can guarantee that." I pull my hand back and give a big grin.

"I know you will."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬