Chapter Eighteen

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bit of a short chapter, but the next will be really long. Happy reading~

☰►─═18═─◄☰

"HEY HITOSHI." I exclaim as I open the door. A puddle of purple instantly jerked up from the pillow as he eyed the H/C girl. He keeps an emotionless front as I close the door and walk over to him, sitting at the end of his bed.

"Oh. Your back." He said simply, before flopping back on his pillow and closing his eyes. I grimace as I sink down from his bed to the floor. I bring my knees up to my chest and throw my arms over them, trying to get comfortable.

I pull out the book I was about to give him and read the cover. The title read, 'Swords Are Burdened With Blood.' I hum thoughtfully.

'I remember reading this once. From what I can remember, it was a pretty decent book. Fantasy themed, with dragons and fairies.'

I see a shadow slip from the bed and sit besides me quietly. I sneak a glance to see him looking at me, an amused look on his features. As always, his lavender hair was everywhere, yet it still stuck up. Interesting.

"You going to read that or what?" He says, his voice void of emotion. I giggle a little.

"You want me to read it to you." He shakes his head.

"No. I was just curious." He replies. I nod as I hand it to him.

"It's yours anyways. You're welcome." I say cheerfully. He searches the cover before putting it to his side. He looks to me.

"You tired?" I pause before shrugging.

"I could take a nap I suppose." I reply, leaning my head back, hitting the steel bed frame. He chuckles quietly.

"Good, now go to sleep." He says as he leans back and closes his eyes. I do the same, and after not too long, fall asleep.

I awake to feel warmth. I also feel a weight on my head and around my waist. I go to say something, but soft snoring cuts me off. I realize my predicament. I was leaning on Hitoshi's shoulder and I'm pretty sure he had his arms wrapped around me.

'Well, I can't deny that this is really comfy and warm, but it's definitely something I shouldn't be caught doing.'

I place my hands on his, trying to gently pry them off me. They give way a little, but instantly clamp around me again.

"Do you have to go now?" He asks. I nod.

"Yeah." I reply, disappointment flooding my tone. I would love to stay and sleep, but I need to go get my lunch from the break room, then say goodbye to everyone. He shifts, unwrapping his arms from my waist and lifting his head from mine. The previous warmth was flushed away as soon as I jumped up. I stretched and placed a hand on my back. I mutter a 'shit' as I realize my lower back was numb.

"What's wrong?" I turn to see Hitoshi also standing. His purple hair stuck up in different directions, but it really suited him. The bags under his eyes were evident, but it didn't look bad on him. He ran a hand through his hair, making it point upwards more.

I chuckle lightly. "Nothing, it's just my backs numb. Feels weird." He gives a half smile.

"I get that sometimes, but it's because I sleep everywhere." He shrugs, scratching the back of his neck. I sigh as I grab my bag again.

"I have to go, but I'll be back later to say goodbye." I say. He nods blankly as he sits back on his bed. I walk over to the door and open it. I turn back and wave. "I'll see you later Hitoshi." I gently close the door as I hear a faint 'goodbye'.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬