Chapter Nine

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The thing about memories

was, you never could control

when they came up again.❞

☰►─═09═─◄☰

After greeting everyone else and giving them their things, I progressed to the next room. My new patient I have to meet. I left my bag in Shouto's room, just so nothing happened. I stand before the next door and smile. 'Wonder who it'll be this time?' I open the file and start to read.

▭▭▭

║█║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█║

patient profile
confidential

✔ᒪOᑕKEᗪ  ✖ᑌᑎᒪOᑕKEᗪ

ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴛ #⁰⁰⁷

TETSUTETSU TETSUTETSU

D.O.B: 16 OCTOBER, 1999

ADMITTANCE DATE: 2 SEPTEMBER, 2013

REASON/S: Assault and murder

ILLNESS/ES:
Possessive Personality Disorder
Epilepsy

BACKGROUND INFORMATION: Before admittance, patient had a record of a possessive relationship. Because of his mindset, the patient was apprehensive of any contact from his girlfriend with people he wasn't aquatinted with. One day, he saw his girlfriend talking to another guy for a second. This caused the patient to dash over and strangle the man to death. Police were called not long afterwards.

Warning: Proceed with caution if you are a female.

▭▭▭

I blink and stare at the door, my previous smile fading.

'This should be good.' I tuck the files under my arm and open his door. He sat on the edge of his bed with an unreadable expression. He had long gray hair and rather unusual eyelashes that framed his black eyes. As I lock the door, he whips around to see me. I smile as I nod.

"Hello there, I'm Y/N L/N and I'll be your new doctor." I say warmly. He stands up and walks over to me, looking me up and down. He holds out a hand.

"Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu." He replies. I shake his hand. Suddenly, his face breaks out into a wide grin, showing shark-like teeth that really resembled Eijiro's. "I've heard about you! My bro Kirishima told me all about you. It's nice to meet you." He walked over to his bed and motioned for me to sit down besides him. I complied and sat down. He sighed as he rocked back on his hands.

We talked for awhile, just simple getting to know each other. It's apparent that Eijiro and he have similar interests, that interest being the topic of 'manliness'. I was confused at first, he spoke nothing of his background and didn't behave as his file might describe. Then again, I'll find out when I leave.

"What about you?" His voice brought me back from my thinking. I turn to see that his full attention was on me. I shake my head slightly, silently cursing myself for clouding myself.

"My apologies, what was the question?" I say sheepishly. He smiles widely.

"It's fine! I said have you been in a relationship?" I blink as the words roll off his tongue. 'Shit.' I shift in my seat, hoping he wouldn't talk about his own in detail. I shake my head.

"No I haven't actually. I've been too caught up in school and now work to be in a relationship." I glance at him before staring at the floor. "I honestly like it that way. Keeps me focused, y'know?" I see him nod slowly. He leans back and smiles.

"I get it. That's pretty smart, but don't you want someone to care for you?" He asks softly. I sit up and look at him. He grins brightly at me. I shrug and lightly chuckle.

"I guess that's the plan for one day, but not now. I'm not to fond of relationships." His grin shrinks a little.

'In other words, fuck getting a boyfriend. I wanna keep my food.'

I look at Tetsu to see him frown a little. 'Was he hoping for a different answer?' I smile as I stand up.

"It was nice meeting you Tetsu, but I have to go now." His eyes widened at my movement. "I'll see you soon, okay?" He stood up, fiddling with his hands.

"Your leaving..? But you haven't been here long." He says quickly. I place a hand in his shoulder and give a weak smile.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'll be back later." I remove my hand and walk towards the door. As I put my hand on the handle, two strong arms snake around my waist and pull me back, taking my feet off the floor.

"Do you promise you'll be back?" He mumbled, his voice low and filled with sadness. I nod.

"I promise." I say, turning my head and giving a thin smile. My feet touch the ground and I'm freed from his strong grip. I turn around and give a little wave before walking out. I lock the door and look down the hallway. 'One more patient to see.'

A loud bell chimes out, the old speakers make it sound groggy and distorted. I shrug and walk back down the hall. 'Guess it's time for their free time. I have to stop at Shouto's room to get my bag.' I hear other doors unlocking as I unlock Shouto's. I walk in to see him reading a book I gave him on his bed. I close the door and smile.

"Hey Shouto, its free time, aren't you going out?" I say as I walk towards him. He shakes his head.

"No. I'd rather stay in here." He looks up from his book to gaze at me. "You're welcome to stay and read with me if you'd like." I grin as I nod.

"I'll take you up on that, thanks." He nods as he moves over to the other side of the bed, motioning for me to sit besides him. We sat close together, each reading a page aloud at a time until the bell chimed again. I look over to see him frown a little.

"Guess it's time for you to go." He mutters. "Thank you for your company, I enjoyed it." I chuckle as I get up from my position.

"As did I. Let's do it again some time." I smile, walking towards the door. "I'll come by to see you later, okay?" He nods blankly, diving back into the book.

"Goodbye Y/N." I weakly smile as I walk outside.

"Goodbye Shouto."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬