Chapter Twenty-Two

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It is sometimes an

appropriate response

to reality to go insane.

☰►─═22═─◄☰

AFTER A WELL DESERVED GIRL'S NIGHT, I WENT HOME AND COLLAPSED IN THE COUCH. The comfy material was cold but I wasnt bothered. I flipped around and grumbled as I reached for the remote on the coffee table. It was a hair away from my fully outstretched hand.

After much struggling, I finally grasped the remote, immediately pressing the on button. I winced at the harsh light imiting from the wide screen, as my apartment was still yet to be lit up. I hugged a pillow as I watched some kids show.

'Spongebob, hell yeah.'

I sighed as I saw the time illuminated on my phone. 1:42 am. 'Shit.' I had to be alive around 8. I shrugged and kept watching the T.V, chuckling at some scenes.

"I'm like a mix of Spongebob and Patrick, half happy, mostly stupid." I closed my eyes and hummed a laugh to myself. I never got to see the end of the show, because at that moment, I drifted off to sleep.

**

A song started to invade my dreams. It was loud and unrecognizable. I slowly opened my eyes to instantly close them again. Harsh light was invading my room. I held an arm over my eyes as I sat up and reached for my phone on the coffee table. I took my arm off my phone and frowned at the phone.

"Alright, fucking hell I get it." I mumbled angrily, repeatedly tapping the off button. It turned off and my apartment was silent again. I stood up and groaned. That couch wasn't as comfy as I originally thought... not for sleeping purposes anyways. I huffed as I made my way to the kitchen to brew up a coffee. 'God knows I need one.'

**

After getting ready I hopped in my car and hit my head in the steering wheel.

"I hope their all okay." I sigh. The last time I left them alone was a disaster, I really don't want a repeat. So many things happened yesterday. Honestly, I don't know how some will react to me. My figure froze, digesting my thoughts slowly. What would Katauki be like? Will he try it again? What about Izuku? Or Eijiro? I shoke my head roughly, tossing my H/C over my shoulder. I force a small smile.

"It'll be fine."

I nod to the front desk boy, Kuji, as I pass his desk. He smiles and nods back, his eyes flickering back to his monitor. I take a deep breathe as I walk briskly towards the ward. I flash my card against a small keypad in the wall. Within a few seconds, the two doors slide open, allowing me to pass. I quickly walk through them and head towards the first door.

I turn the handle and peer inside the room. There in the corner, sat a mop of green. He held his knees as he rocked back and forth. I quickly shut the door quietly and walked over him.

"Izuku? Are you okay?" I ask quietly. Green orbs flickered up to my E/C ones. I saw that his cheeks were streaked with tears and that his eyes were red and puffy. He let out a cry as he sprung up and engulfed me in a hug. I was caught off guard as my back hit the floor with Izuku on top of me.

"Y/N!" He cried. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry I couldn't save you." He croaked, his voice was unsteady and dry, like he was dehydrated. I hugged him back and let him cry into my shoulder.

"Izuku, it's all okay. I'm fine." I say, trying to be positive. I rubbed circles into his back as he tried to hiccup a reply.

"No! I-it's all my fault! I-I didn't react in time. A-And because of t-that, Kacchan did that to you!" He screamed, burying his face further in my shoulder. I sighed and ran my fingers through his hair.

"It wasn't your fault Izuku." I whisper, trying my best to console the boy. I put my hand on his chin and lifted him up to face me. He was closer then I would've preferred, but that didn't matter right now. His eyes were filled with dread and saddness as they gazed into mine. I smiled brighty at him. "I'm thankful that you stood up for me. It meant alot. So don't beat yourself up about it, okay?" I say in a hushed tone. He hiccups and nods.

I sighed with a smile as I brushed away his tears with my thumb. He seemed more relaxed then before, that was good. Though I wonder, how long was he like this? It made me upset to see him like this. It was heartbreaking.

"I-I'm s-sorry." He whimpered. "I d-don't mean to make you w-worry..." I grazed my fingers over his cheek, making his eyes widen briefly before closing them.

"It's my job to worry over you silly. And you don't need to be sorry for anything." I say in a calm voice. He opened his eyes and hummed a chuckle.

"Thank you Y/N." He says, his voice small and hushed. I nod as I place my hand on his head, patting his green curls. He seemed content as I did so.

"Anytime Izuku."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬