Chapter Twenty-Five

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Awareness is the enemy of

sanity, for once you hear the

screaming, it never stops.❞

☰►─═25═─◄☰

I WALKED IN TO HEAR A TOO FAMILIAR NOISE. One that really shouldn't have been familiar at all. I shut the door and ran to Shouto's bedside, shaking his shoulders.

"Shouto! Wake up!" I yell, trying to snap him out of his nightmare. His mop of red and white hair swished to the side as he sat up, his eyes wide. He looked to me in almost disbeilef.

"Y-Y/N?" He asked, his heterchromatic eyes intently staring at me. I nod happily.

"Good morning. Glad I woke you up." I say, giving a sigh of relief. "Are you okay?" I ask, sitting down on his bed. He shook his head, his mismatched hair shaking into place. I frown. "Would... you want to talk about it?" I ask. He pauses before looking down at his sheets.

"It... was different to all my other ones." He replied, his voice was low and saddening. I nod. He looked at me, his eyes a mixture of guilt and sadness. "It was of yesterday, with some... extra scenarios." I pressed my lips togther and nodded slowly.

He looked down, as if deep in thought. "Thats been the only thing on my mind as of lately, and I hate it." I frowned as I put my hand on his shoulder, unsure as to what to respond with. "I can't help but feel like I should've done more. And now it haunts me."

I give a small smile. "Shouto, it was never your fault. If anything, I was to blame." He looked at me and relaxed a little, like those words were what he needed to hear. I removed my hand from his shoulder and sighed. "But now, everyone seems to be upset because of it." I mumble, frowning to myself.

"Well, I can see why." I turn to face him. He wore a faint smile. "You're everyones friend and insight to the outside. Everyone cares about you and to see... him kiss you and hurt you like that, flicked a switch in everyone I guess." He said, giving some venom to the'him'. He sighed and leaned back, his head softly thudding against the pillow.

I gave a soft chuckle. "Thanks." He craned his head up and raised an eyebrow. "It means a lot to know that you care about me, so thanks." He smiled as he gave an airless laugh.

"For once in my damned life, I'm somewhat happy. You help me in more ways then you know, so I should be thanking you, Y/N." I say him gave a smile. His features seemed to glow, highlighting his happy state. I grin as I pat his head, entangling my fingers with his ever so soft mismatched hair that I've come to love. He closed his eyes and kept his smile plastered to his face.

"You don't need to thank me. I'm just doing something anyone with a heart would do." I let out a chuckle. "And I'm pretty happy doing it as well."

He nodded under my touch.

"Thank you, anyways, Y/N."

****

"Hey Denki! What's up?" I chirp, closing the blondes door. I look to the bed to see him stare at me, as if shocked.

"Y/N!" He cried, his tone was far from happy. He stood and quickly made his over to me. I saw that his usually upbeat and golden eyes were red and puffy, meaning that he had been crying. He hugged me, which I returned immediately.

"Denki? What's wrong?" I ask, concern catching my tone. He sniffled into my shoulder. He was taller so he had to arch his back. I rubbed circles into his back, trying to console him.

After a minute or two, he had stop sniffling and hiccuping and had settled down on his bed, with myself sitting besides him.

He held my hand tight. "I felt so bad watching Bakugou do that to you. I could've done something, but I just stood there like an idiot! I'm pathetic..." he said quickly, muttering the last part. I felt my gut churn at the sight of him like this.

"Denki. It wasn't your fault. Stop beating yourself up over nothing." I say, trying to be positive by flashing a smile. He stared back at me with a frown.

"But I could've! I-I could've beat Bakugou to it, or punched him, or pulled him away." He yelled, panting and fidgeting with his hands.

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean 'beat him to it'?" I ask, staring at him. He caught my gaze and froze. He looked away bashfully, a blush rising to his cheeks.

"Uhm. Forgot I said that." I giggled before shrugging.

"Alrighty." I held his unstable hands in mine. "Stop thinking about it, it'll do you no good to be worked up about it." He whimpered before nodding.

"I guess you're right. I'll try." I smile as I raise a fist.

"That's the spirit!" I exclaim, making his lips tug up in a small smile.

"How are you always so positive? I need some lessons." He laughs. I shrug.

"Its a habit. My job needs me to be happy, and not depressed." I explain, giving a thumbs up.

He grins mischievously. "Doesn't your job require you to fufill all your patients needs?" I nodded.

"Of course. Why's that?" I ask hesitantly. He takes my hand in his and places it on his head, giving a sigh.

"Could you pet my hair? It's, um, calming." He says, his blush returning. I scoff as I run my fingers through his hair.

"You like to take advantage of my job. Don't you?" He hums as he leans back, clearly enjoying himself. I sigh and give a soft giggle.

"Idiot."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬