SHINSOUʰⁱᵗᵒˢʰⁱ

▀▄▀▄▀▄ PURPLE ENDING ▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

I hummed a short tune as I waltzed up to the last door for today. Hitoshi's room. I unlocked and opened the door to see a immobile purple floof tucked in bed. I quietly closed the door and tip toed to the asleep figure. I crouched down besides the bed and stared at his peaceful features. His hair was the same, crazy but suitable for him at the same time, the bags under his eyes evident. I gave a small smile as I grazed my fingers on his cheek, his cheek very soft. I was about to pull away when a hand quickly grabbed mine and held it on his cheek. I froze instinctively and awaited for something to happen.

He exhaled a deep breathe. "That... feels nice." He mumbles, still half asleep. His eyes were still closed, tricking me into thinking he was still fully asleep. I held my hand on his cheek as he kept his on mine, his cold hands warming up to mine. He slowly opened his eyes and stared at me, his purple orbs focused on mine. I felt my cheeks blush as I shifted my gaze from his.

"H-Hey Hitoshi. S-Sorry I awoke you." I say shakily, stuttering under his gaze. He sat up straight, my hand still in his grasp. He gave a small yawn as he chuckled lightly.

"It's fine. I'm rather happy that you woke me up." He started to rub circles in my hand. I pressed my lips together, deciding not to question the small gesture. I hummed a laugh as I sat besides him on his bed.

"How have you been?" I ask curtly. He gives a shrug.

"I've been better. You woke me up from a nightmare." He says, frowning at the sheets. My shoulders sagged as I moved closer, our shoulders touching.

"Would you be comfortable telling me? I want to help you." I say cheerfully. He throws me a glance before sighing.

"It was a bad memory, the reason I came here." He paused, looking doubtful. I waited patiently, waiting for him. "I was in a class, biometrics I think. I was at the back, listening to whatever the lecturer was saying, when my world just blacked out. I was short of breathe and soon feel to the floor. My chest hurt so much. It really felt like I was dying." He gave a small chuckle. "Out of the hundred of people there, not one of them tried to help me." He said sourly, still chuckling at the memory.

He glanced at me and showed a small smile. "Then I woke up and saw you. Well... felt you." I gave a small smile in response.

"I'm happy to have helped you." I placed a finger to my lips. "How frequently would you have nightmares?" I ask. He shrugs.

"As frequent as I sleep, which is all the time." He looked down, his purple eyes boring into the grey sheets. He looked troubled. I was about to say something when he spoke first. "Except when I sleep with you besides me. I don't have nightmares then." He mumbles quietly, a blush expanding on his features. I warmly smiled as I stared at him from the side.

"Well, you could take a nap now. I wouldn't mind, especially since I know it helps you." He glanced towards me and found my gaze. He sighs before shifting forwards. He kicked away the sheets and huffed as he found a comfortable spot.

I leaned my head on the bed frame as I stared up at the roof. An arm snaked around my waist and pulled me down. My head hit the pillow with a inaudible thud as another arm wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me into a chest. A blush intensified in my cheeks as I froze.

"Uhm, Hitoshi? I don't think-"

"Just... let me have this. Okay?" He whispered, his voice husky and his breathe brushing my ear. I pressed my lips together as I gave a dry chuckle.

"...Okay." I mumbled, giving in quickly. I felt his head bury itself into the back of my neck as his hold tightened. I felt... oddly comfortable like this. His warmth washed over me as I snuggled back into him. I squirmed one of my arms out of his hold and gently traced my fingers on the forearm around my shoulders. He mumbled something into my back, but I didn't hear it.

"Good night, Y/N." He mumbled drowsily. I released a deep breathe as I felt my eye lids getting heavy. I hummed a laugh as I closed my eyes.

"Good night, Hitoshi, sweet dreams."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬