Chapter Eight

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The house was meant to

keep them in. Once they

came, they never left.

☰►─═08═─◄☰

I LEAP ONTO MY COUCH, CLAWING AT THE REMOTE ON THE COFFEETABLE. Another day of work complete.

'I don't know why everyone left them, they're all so nice.'

You frown to yourself.

'Unless I'm not seeing the bigger picture. If there is one. Like dad always said, there's always a catch to kindness.' I shake my head, focusing on the news. 'There's probably nothing like that, they just want someone who cares about them.' I sigh and cuddle the couches pillow.

Tomorrow is another day.

As I walk through the glass sliding doors, the rush of antiseptics makes my eyes sting a little. I felt a little unprofessional today, I couldn't be fucked doing the washing, so I've just got a shirt and hoodie underneath my opened doctors coat. Thankfully, it was a black hoodie, so no one should notice. I look down and smile at the bag I was carrying. A large assortment of books and puzzles for everyone. I guess the bookshop down the road will be seeing me more often.

I greet Kuji and sign in, excited to start. 'Two more patients to meet.'

I first go to greet Izuku, I finally got to give him his books yesterday, so I'm curious to see if he's finished them. As I poke my head in, I see that he's on the ground colouring in a page while on his stomach. The action was pretty adorable actually. I smile and close the door.

"Good morning Izuku! How's the book going?" He looks up and smiles at me. He jumps up and runs over to me.

"Hi Y/N! I finished them, so I'm just colouring them in." He stares at me excitedly. "Do you have more?" I nod and take three books out of the bag, along with some colored markers. His face lit up as he took them, clutching them tightly.

"There's another puzzle book, a colouring book and something for you to read. I hope you like it!" He nods quickly before turning around and dropping them on the ground. He turns back around and hugs me tight.

"Thank you thank you Y/N! This is so nice of you." I lightly blush as I hug him back, making me go on my tippy toes.

"It's no problem Izuku. Enjoy them." He lets go and nods, returning to his spot on the floor.

"I will! I can't wait." He picks up the novel and flips to the front page after reading the back. He rolls onto his back and holds the book high, seemingly reading it from that height. I walk over and tussle his messy green locks. He smiles as I do so.

"I have to go now, but I'll come back soon. Okay?" His happy expression turns fearful as I spoke. He sits up and grabs my hand.

"No! C-Could you stay? Just a little longer?" He frantically holds up the book. "P-Please read it to me!" I giggle as I sit down besides him.

"Okay, I can do that. Just for you Izuku." His familiar smile returns as he hands me the book. I flip to the front page and start to read. I glance down to see Izuku lay himself on my lap, seemingly comfortable. I smile as I read, happy to read to him.

I read the first two chapters before noticing that he had fallen asleep. I lightly giggle as I gently move him off of me and carry him to his bed. He was rather light actually, so that made it easier. I tucked him in and walked out, locking the door behind myself as I walked to Katsuki's room.

I open his door to hear groans.

"It's about time! You like to take your motherfucking time don't 'cha?" I giggle as I lock his door.

"I had to stay with... a patient for awhile. But I'm here now." I say happily. He sneers as he walks over to me, eyeing my bag.

"What did you bring me?" He asked, trying to see inside the bag. I place my hand on his chest and gently push him back. He glares at me but complies. I reach into the back and pull out another three books.

"I got you a puzzle book, a coloring in book, a novel I thought you might like-" I hand him the objects. He piles them up, almost cracking a smile. "and some markers." I put down the bag and smile as he throws everything on his bed. Surprisingly, it was made. He turned back to me and walked over, leaning in closer to my face.

"Why are you doing this?" He says, his voice low and hush, his hot breathe hitting my face. I shrug and smile.

"I just thought you would've been bored. So, ta da." He scoffs as he wraps his arms around me, pulling me into another one of his bone crushing hugs. I hug back, still trying to gain oxygen. He buries his head into the crook of my neck, making his spikey ash blond hair tickle my cheek.

"Thank you." I hear him mumble. I grin widely. After awhile, he pulls away, walking back to his bed and flopping on it, making the books and pens fly up. I pick up my bag and walk over to him. I sit on his bed, looking at the back of his head as he dug his face into his pillow. I tussle his hair.

"I have to go, but I'll see you later. Alright?" He huffs into his pillow, slowly nodding. I stand up and walk over to the door. "Goodbye Katsuki." I wave, saying it in a sing song voice. He lifts his head, staring up at me, before flopping back into his pillow and giving a muffled reply.

"Mhm."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬