Chapter Fourteen

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The reason I talk to myself

is because I’m the only one

whose answers I accept.❞

☰►─═14═─◄☰

TENYA'S WARNING REPLAYED IN MY MIND AS I WALKED. The one he warned me the most about, Eijiro. I couldn't think of how it could be worse then Katsuki's encounter, but I wasn't too keen to find out. I took a deep breathe as I unlocked his door. Using the fresh smell of antiseptics to fuel my courage.

'Don't trust any of them.'

"Y/N?" A voice squeaked. I walked in with a smile to greet the happy red head. "Y/N!" He screamed, running over to engulf me in a hug. I kicked the door closed with my heel as Eijiro squeezed the life out of me. I was about to say something when he started to sniffle against my shoulder. "I thought you were gone!" He said quietly, his voice breaking. My heart sank, taking all the previous thoughts out of my head. I hug him back and rub his back.

"I'd never leave Eijiro. There's no need to be upset." I say softly, reassuring him. He pull back and stared at me. I feel guilt rise up as I gazed into his red puffy eyes. I smile as he gives a weak one.

"Then, where were you?" I scratch the back of my neck.

"Yesterday was my day off. I should've told you." I say sheepishly, lowering my hand. "I'm sorry." He shakes his head as he grabs my hand, flashing a smile.

"Don't apologize! It's fine. What matters is that you're here now." He says happily. I nod as I turn to reach into my bag. I feel the grip on my other hand tighten, but I don't address it. I pull out two books and give them to him. He looks ecstatic as he flicked through the pages. He placed them on the drawer before quickly walking back.

"Thank you Y/N~!" He says, throwing his hands around me again. I nod as I hug back.

"It's no problem Eijiro. I'm happy to help." The warnings flooded my mind again.

'Wonder what'll happen when I try to leave?'

Although his embrace seemed warm, there was something off. I don't get much time to think as Eijiro's head reels back, his face twisted into shock and anger. He leans closer and seems to... sniff my hair? He reels back again, now staring at me.

"Bakugou..." He growls lowly. I raise an eyebrow.

'The hell does that mean?'

"Did you go to Bakugou's room before coming here?" He asked, his voice void of his previous happiness. I nod slowly. He scowls before showing a small smile. He stands up straight and steps back.

"Are you okay?" I ask, confuse at his actions. He gives a sheepish grin as he plants his hand besides my head on the wall. He leaned in, his red orbs glowing as he flashed his white teeth, which looked a lot more intimidating up close.

He leaned down to my eye level. "I'm fine! I just don't appreciate when Bakubro touches you." I almost chuckled, but kept a straight face.

'You and me both buddy.'

"Um, Eijiro, you're making me, well, uncomfortable." I say, putting a hand on his chest. "Could you give me some space?" I ask politely. He nods and backs up. But as I go to take my hand off his chest, he clasps his over it, keeping it there. He smiles as he looks down to look at my captured hand.

"Y'know, I always loved your touches. They make me feel warm and calm." He said softly. I press my lips together during the silence after his sentence.

"I'm... glad?" I didn't anticipate for that to come out as a question. He looked up at me and stepped closer. Now that his face was, again, inches away, I could feel his hot breathe warm my skin.

'I'm gonna jump out of my skin if this guy doesn't back the hell up.'

"Don't worry Y/N, I would never do anything to you." He brought his other hand up and caressed my cheek. "Never." I nodded, wanting to go now. I gently grabbed his hand on my cheek and took it off, his warmth now a ghost.

"Eijiro I need to go." I said, my voice monotone and my eyes pleading. He frowns, as I anticipated. He ushered a low huff as he grabbed both my shoulders, his grip hard. I tried to squirm as he held me, his grasp starting to hurt. His eyes seemed to have a mix of anger and hurt.

"No." He said flatly, his lips tugged up as he put a finger on my chin and lifted it. "You won't  leave me again Y/N. We're destined to be together!" He leaned in closer, giving a sinister grin. "Don't you want to be together forever?" He whispers, almost pleading.

'If you weren't so damn cute then maybe I would be afraid. But no, it's always the crazies that I seem to like. Great.'

"Eijiro, I couldn't even if I wanted to." I reply, keeping my voice calm at his close proximity. He cocks his head to one side, his expression now confused.

"What do you mean?" He asks, raising his tone from a whisper. I involentarily gulp.

"I can't have a relationship with any of my patients or I'll be fired." I explain. He smiles brightly.

"Oh! Okay!" He chirps. I raise an eyebrow.

'Was... was it that simple?'

He yanks his hand away from my head and punches the wall besides it instead, making me yelp from the brutality and fast movement. He turns and scowls, muttering something. I take this as my chance and slip out the door, yelling apologies as I close the door.

'Damnit, I jinxed it.'

I wipe the beads of sweat from my forehead as I lean against the door. I feel a thud from the other side, as well as muffled screams.

Half of me wanted to go back in and help him, but my other half wanted to run.

But the whole of me was thankful to make it out at all.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬