Chapter Seventeen

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I became insane,

with long intervals

of horrible sanity.

☰►─═17═─◄☰

"DEEP BREATHS, Y/N." You whisper to yourself. I was now staring down the door, scenarios flooding through my mind. I almost laugh at myself. I'm his doctor, I shouldn't be against him. I peer back down the hall. 'Though, most of the guys have warned me.' I turn back and smile.

'I'll be fine.'

I twist open the door handle and peer in. I see a pair of black orbs stare at me, along with a confused smile. I enter and close the door, smiling.

"Hi Tetsu." I say, walking over to him.

"Y/N!" He says warmly, jumping up from his spot on the bed and engulfing me in a hug. "I was wondering when you'd be back." He says. He pulls away and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"How have you been?" I ask. He shrugs and gives a small frown.

"Well, I've been better." He shoots a bright grin, revealing his shark-like teeth. "But I'm better now! Now that you're here." He exclaims. I chuckle lightly at his enthusiasm. I reach down and fish out another book.

"Here. I thought you might like this one." I say, handing him the book. Like Denki, he was a slower reader, so I usually only gave him one. He smiles as he inspects the back and flips through a few pages.

"Thanks Y/N!" He smiles, about to place the book down on his drawer. He turns to me and scratches the back of his neck. "Actually. Could you read to me? Your voice is so calming." He asks, holding up the book. I nod as I take it back.

"Of course! I don't mind." I chuckle, walking over towards his bed. I slump down on the floor besides it and flip to the first page. Tetsu sits down besides me, sitting cross legged. He lays his head on my shoulder, making his long gray hair cascade down my shoulder. I giggle to myself. "Comfy?" I ask. He nods in return, humming something that I didn't quite catch. I ignore it and start to read, stealing glances at the content male every once in awhile.

By the time I had finished reading the sixth chapter, I had heard small snoring to my left. I look down to see that Tetsu had fallen asleep. I smile as I close the book and place it to the side.

'I may not be able to lift him into his bed like Izuku, so I guess I'll just bring the bed to him.'

I gently lift his head from my shoulder and lay him down on the ground, careful so that I wouldn't disrupt his sleep. I snatch his pillow and place it under his head. I stand up and take the covers off his bed and lay them on him. I crouch down and pat his head, moving stray hairs from his face. I sigh and stand up, content with my work. I walk to the door and turn back, acknowledging the now stirring male.

"Y/N..?" He says groggily. I stand frozen, conscious that I had been caught. I walk back towards him and crouch down in front of him again. He was now sitting up, rubbing his face.

"Hey Tetsu. You kind of feel asleep while I was reading." His eyes widen for a brief moment before looking down. He presses his lips into a straight line.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." He says, guilt wavering in his voice. I smile as I pat his head again.

"It's fine. I was going to leave you asleep but it looks like you caught me." I explain, a small smile on my features. I take my hand off and watch as he frowns.

"Oh." He replies simply. "Why do you have to leave?" He asks quietly. My shoulders sag a little.

"Well. I'm only aloud allocated time with you. When that times up, I have to go." I scratch the back of my neck. "I should've been gone 10 minutes ago, but I wanted to keep reading to you." He nods before huffing.

"But... you'll be back. Right?" He asks, his voice small. I nod happily.

"Of course! I'll even be back to see you before I leave." He perks up at this and shows a small smile, satisfied with my answer.

"Fine. I'll be waiting for you." He says, flopping down onto his pillow, making his hair go everywhere once again. I smile as I stand up and walk back to the door.

"Bye Tetsu! See you soon." I say, giving him a wave. I hear a small 'bye' as I close the door.

But unknown to Y/N, a small 'I love you' was also said as the door locked.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬