Chapter Sixteen

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Insanity is doing the same

thing, over and over again,

but expecting different results.❞

☰►─═16═─◄☰

FILLED WITH RENEWED CONFIDENCE, I STROLLED TOWARDS DENKI'S ROOM. He shouldn't be a problem. Again, hopefully. I opened the door to see a flash of yellow tackle me in a hug, sending me back outside.

"Y/N! You're back!" He exclaimed, lifting himself up to grin at me. I blink and chuckle softly.

"Um, yes I am. Thanks for the welcome." I say, sitting up. I readjust my head as I realize where he is. He had his hands planted either side of me and he was a little too close. I guess he caught my wide eyes because he blushed and backed off. He stood and scratched the back of his neck.

"O-Oh. Sorry about that! I guess I was excited..." he says, grinning awkwardly and extending a hand. I take his hand and rise to my feet, brushing myself off. I smile and motion for him to go back into his room.

"It's quite alright Denki. I'm happy you're glad to see me." He shoots a smile and sits down on his bed as I close the door.

"Who wouldn't be happy to see their favorite and only doctor." He chimes. I grin as I walk over and give him his books. He only needed one since he's a slow reader. He squeals as he takes them.
"Aww score! Thanks Y/N." he exclaims, grinning like an idiot as he tucked the book under his pillow. I sat down beside him and leaned back on the palm of my hands.

"How have you been?" I ask simply. I glance over to him to see him frown whilst staring at me. He huffs as he looks at me, concern ridden in his gaze.

"Worried." He replies. I slowly nod.

"If you don't mind me asking, about what?"

He presses his lips together. "You. I'm worried the others will do something to you." He shoots his head up, his golden orbs panicked. "They haven't have they?" He asks quickly. I shake my head.

"I'd be lying if I said they hadn't." I place my small hand on his back and rub circles. "Don't worry, I'm all good now." He lowers his gaze and starts to fiddle with his fingers.

"I'm...glad. But you should be careful with the next guy." I feel a small frown appear on my features.

"Tetsu?" I ask. He nods slowly, his expression slightly worrying me.

"I don't have anything against the guy, hell, he's a good friend of mine. But...-" he huffs. "You know how he can be, don't you?" I nod slowly, reliving past memories. "Then you get why I'm worried about you." He falls back, his yellow hair going everywhere.

I rub his arm. "Thanks for your concern. I'll be careful." I say, hope sparking.

'I don't have anything against Tetsu either. Hell, I even thought of his possessiveness as cute once or twice. But, I'm still his doctor, I can't give up on him. I won't give up on him.

"It's just... fuck." He mutters. I giggle a little at him. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"I didn't know you could swear." I state, lightly chuckling. He gives a small smile.

"I let a few slip at times when I'm upset." He shoots me a meaningful gaze. "I'm worried about you. I want you to be safe." He grabs my hand squeezes it. "Preferably with me though." He gives a cheeky smile. I smile brightly.

"You really know how to lift the mood don't you?" I chuckle. He smiles as he sits back up.

"I'm a natural!" He exclaims proudly. He takes my other hand and holds it up near his chest. "I'm serious though, don't let Tetsutetsu get to you." He darts his gaze down, his smile shrinking. "Hell, I'd go with you if I could." I take one of my hands out of his grasp and raise it to the top of his head. I run my fingers through his hair, his yellow hair soft and smooth. He smiles as he closes his eyes. He lifts his head up, making my hand fully pat him.

'Damn that's kind of cute.'

"I'll do my best, Denki. I am a doctor afterall." I say confidently. I take my hand from his hair, untangling my fingers only for his bigger hand to gently place it back.

"Just... a little longer." He whispers. I comply and grin as I continue to run my fingers through his hair, feeling a subtle blush creep onto my face.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬