TODOROKIˢʰᵒᵘᵗᵒ

▀▄▀▄▀▄ WHITE ENDING ▄▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

I BRISKLY WALKED DOWN THE HALL, ABOUT TO MEET MY FIFTH PATIENT. I stopped when I noticed that the door was already opened, and that a booming voice suddenly echoed down the hall.

With a loud slam, a man walked out and started to walk towards me. He had short red hair with a thick red beard. He was huge and wore formal clothing. I gave a nod as we walked past each other.

"Are you Shouto's doctor?" He asked in a low voice. I stopped in my tracks and spun to face him, as we had already passed each other.

"Why yes." I take a few steps closer and hold out a hand. "Y/N L/N. Nice to meet you." I greet. He glares at my hand, leaving it hanging. I eventually drop it back to my side. "What's your relation with Shouto if I may ask?" I ask politely. He pauses for a moment.

"I'm his father." He glared at me. "You don't look like a doctor." He snarled, looking me up and down. I resist the urge to frown as I keep a straight face.

"Mr Todoroki, I can assure you that I am a qualified doctor." He huffs before turning around and walking off without another word. I frowned as I turned and walked to Shouto's room.

'Well that was more or less pointless.' I thought as I opened the door. I heard whimpering as soon as I stepped in. My eyes widened as puffy heterchromatic orbs stared back at me in fear. He sat on his bed, taking in large amounts of air.

"Shouto! Are you okay?" I ask quietly, closer the door. I take a few steps towards him, only for him to put his hands up in defense. He starts hyperventilates as I draw near. I stopped moving and stared back at him.

"N-No... Stop..." He whimpered quietly.

I took a few steps back and sat with my back against the door. I crossed my legs and smiled at him.

"Shouto. It's all okay. There's no reason for you to be afraid. Your father's gone." I say calmly. He slowly puts his hands down and glares at me.

"How do I know you're telling the truth? How do I know that I'll be okay?!" He ran his hands through his hair frantically. "He'll be back, I know he will. He'll never leave me alone. Never." He looked up at me and gave a deep frown. "But you will leave me. Its unavoidable." He took heavy breathes as he hugged himself. "I can't trust anyone. There's nothing for me."

"Shouto. Don't think about yourself like that. I won't leave you. I swear." I got up slowly and walked over to him and sat besides him. He was to busy muttering to himself to even notice me. I placed a hand on his back and rubbed circles. He flinched and almost screamed. He stared at me in shock. "Take deep breathes. You're fine." I say calmly. He was shaking  but obliged.

He took a few deep breathes as I continued to rub circles into his back. He was finally calming down.

"Did you see him on the way here?" He asks, almost angrily. I subtly nod

"Yes."

"What did he say to you?"

I inwardly shrug. "Not much. Just asked if I was your doctor. Which I said yes of course." I reply. He stares at me through his messy mismatched red and white hair. "Is... He the reason why you're so upset?" He nodded in response. I frowned as I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, taking my hand from his back in the process.

"He's been like this ever since I can remember. So... that's why I like this place more then home." He says sadly. I drop my knees and side hug him.

"I'm... sorry Shouto. I wish I could help you more." I say. I release from the one sided side hug and stare at the floor. The silence that followed made the small room into a calm atmosphere. I jolted slightly as an arm wrapped around my waist pulling me closer. I blushed as I was picked up and placed in a lap. Shouto placed his head atop mine and sighed.

"You help me more then you may know. Thank you, Y/N." He whispered. I nod as I struggle to stop my cheeks from burning. Needless to say, I was unsuccessful.

"I-Its no problem Shouto." I say awkwardly, quietly losing my mind at the fact that he's doing this.

"You're really not going to leave... are you? Or were you just saying that to make me feel better?" He asks quietly. A grin appears on my face as I lean back and enjoy the subtle warmth resonating from him.

"I'm really staying with you till the end Shouto. I'll never stop telling you that." He chuckled as he leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Good. I hope you'll stay true to that." I nod as I giggle.

"There's not a doubt I won't."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬