zach | cute

I flop down on my bed after another long day at work, it always feels never ending. I've been pretty lonely for the past few weeks, I haven't seen my family since i'm so busy or my boyfriend in fact.

He's working all the time and when he's not, he's hanging out with friends, not me. We barely see each other, he comes home late at night and just lays down next to me kisses my cheek goodnight and when I wake up in the morning, he's gone again.

I decided enough was enough, I sat up and grabbed my phone looking for his contact. It rings a few times and he picks up.

"hey y/n what's up?"
"hi Zach...uh, what time you gonna be home tonight?"
"uh I don't know, like always why?"
"could you come home like...now?"
"uh why?"
"I wanna talk to you"
"ok i'll be there in half an hour"

I took a shower and put on sweatpants and a t-shirt. I waited in kitchen just sitting on my phone. I heard the door open and looked up. I saw Zach walking in.

"Hey what's up?" he said walking over and hugging me, I missed that so much. I hugged him back holding him tight, he touched my head "what's wrong?" he asked sweetly.

I pulled back taking his hand and sitting on the couch "we haven't been together at all recently and I miss it" I said not beating around the bush. He sighed "I know...I'm aware of it, i'm just so busy-" "but when you're not you're going out with your friends Zach" he looked at me "i'm sorry" "we don't do anything together anymore" he put his face in his hands "i'm a piece of shit" I rub his back "no you're not, we can work on it" he looked at me and hugged me, we held each other peacefully.

"I'm sorry, I had realized it but not how bad it was" I touched his chin and kissed him, he held me close. I pulled back and rubbed his cheek "I promise it won't go back to that" he whispered, I nodded, he kissed my cheek and stood up, we walked to our room and cuddled and talked till long into the night, he turned and looked at the time.

"It's getting late beautiful" I opened my arms, he smiled and hugged me as he kissed my shoulder and neck "I love you baby goodnight" I whispered "I love you more sweet dreams" he whispered and we fell asleep, feeling like a couple again.