daniel | cute

"Mommy Mommy!" my daughter said running into my room and sitting in my lap as I was doing my makeup on the floor "wait a second baby" I said kissing her head and continued to my makeup.

"I'm home!" I heard after the door closed "go say hi" she quickly stood up and ran downstairs "Daddy!" I stood up and followed walking downstairs. She jumped up into his arms, he kissed her cheeks "hi baby" he looked up and saw me "hey" he said "hi" I went into the kitchen.

Rachel was now three years old and her dad and I were currently divorcing. It was a difficult time but we should've known, we got married because I was pregnant and we knew our families were strict.

He was still packing some of his stuff since he was moving away. He also came over to be with Rachel, I was sad for her, she's too young, she shouldn't be going through this.

The doorbell rang, I went over and saw Daniel, he walked in and hugged me "hey" I said "hey you good?" he asked, I shrugged. Daniel is my best friend, he's been supportive of this whole situation and is always there to take care of Rachel if i'm feeling to overwhelmed.

He walked in and went into the living room, Derek looked up and saw him "Dani!" she said and ran over "hello princess" he said squeezing her tight, Derek just gave him a dirty look, I sighed "what's got you pissed off again?" Derek said "Derek! not right now" I whispered harshly "Rachel go up to your room" he said.

She nodded and ran upstairs "what's your guy's  little game here?" he said standing up "what?" I said looking at him confused "you've been cheating haven't you?" I shook my head in disbelief "what?! you know me Derek! I would never and I mean never cheat on someone! Daniel is my friend, you know that!" "yeah but we're not together anymore, i'm sure something is going in between you two!" "nothing is! and if there was that would be none of your damn business because guess what if I've ever loved someone it was him and not you!" I froze and everything went silent, shit.

"I see" he said and walked out of the door. "Mommy?" Rachel walked downstairs "Mommy i'm scared" I just scared my own daughter. I quickly looked at Daniel and saw that he was just shocked. I quickly turned around and ran to my room.

Daniel p.o.v.

I was completely shocked, I would have never guessed that from y/n. Rachel just held her blanket and sucked her thumb, I bent down "hey Rach come here" she walked over and I hugged her "it's all good okay don't worry" "Mommy" "let's give her a second okay?" "what happened?" "you don't need to worry about it okay, you're too young"

"I wanna go see mommy" I let her go "you can go up" she looked at the hallway "wait" she looked back at me "tell mommy...I uh, I love her too" she nodded and ran to her room.

y/n p.o.v.

I was sitting on my bed with my face in my hands, the door opened "mommy" I heard a soft voice, I looked up. She jumped on the bed and hugged me, I smiled and hugged her "I love you baby, I'm sorry I scared you" "I love you mommy" I held her head and kissed her head "Dani wanted me to tell you something" I pulled back and looked at her worried "I love her too he said" I smiled.

"will you wait here a second" I said and kissed her forehead as I got up. I walked into the living room and saw him sitting on the couch looking down fumbling with his hands. "Daniel" his head shot around and he stood up "so...what now?" he said after a long silence, I walked over quickly grabbing his face and kissed him, he touched my waist and kissed me back.

I put my arms around his neck running my hand through his hair as he pulled me closer. We pulled back but stayed close "The only reason I ever married that ass is because of Rachel, but I never should have" "don't regret it, it's in the past now" "Mommy?" we let each other go and looked over and looked at Rachel.

I picked her up and sat on the couch, Daniel sat next to me, I tried to explain some of what happened to her, she was understanding but didn't understand much, understandably.

We started watching a movie to get our minds off of it. She fell asleep towards the end "wow this movie is kinda good" Daniel whispered, I chuckled and looked at him, he did the same and smiled, we leaned closer and kissed each other sweetly, I pulled away and leaned my head on his shoulder. I took his hand "will you live with us here for a bit?" "yeah of course" I looked him "turns out i'm glad I told you, even though it wasn't planned" he chuckled and kissed me "you're so cute" I smiled "dating?" we both said at the same time, we laughed "I guess that's a yes" I said, he nodded "yay" we looked down and saw Rachel looking at us all smiley.

"You sneaky!" I said tickling her, she laughed and ran away. I turned to Daniel "welcome to our crazy family" "I wouldn't want ut any other way"