jack | cute

People around me were getting ready to go outside and see the fireworks, I was still waiting on Jack, he told me he was gonna be late but not this late.

I'm not mad at him, he had a family emergency so had to do that before coming to a party with me of course. It was my best friends new years party, she had invited Jack since she hasn't met him yet.

We haven't been dating for too long, but we're both so happy. It's different from the other relationships I've been in, I've always been pushed to go really fast and by that I mean kissing and more.

Jack really understood, respected and supported my choice, I was talking to some people when my best friend came up "hey where's your new years kiss?" she laughed, that's the first time i'd thought of that. Was I ready to kiss him? I'm pretty sure I am, actually I'm sure I am.

"oh uhm he's on his way" I said smiling, hoping that what was coming out of my mouth was true. I was outside on the balcony, looking out to the city. "One minute!" someone yelled, I smiled sadly and looked down playing with my glass.

People were finding their partners of whoever. "y/n!" I heard, I turned around and saw Jack running in, I smiled as I saw him, he saw me and came over quickly "hey baby i'm sorry" he said touching my waist and breathing deeply. Baby, he'd never called me that before. "Don't worry it's fine"

5, 4, 3, 2, 1!

The fireworks went off and people shouted the new year, I smiled and hugged Jack, he squeezed me tight wrapping both of his arms around my sides, I wrapped my arms around his head and kissed his cheek. He pulled back smiling, he leaned closer and kissed me, it felt different from all my prior experiences.

I felt safe and cared for, nothing got crazy but that was nice. We pulled back after a while, we smiled and I blushed like crazy, I put my head on his chest, he kissed my head "happy new year" I looked up and kissed him again, he smiled against my lips before pulling back and kissing my cheek.

What a lovely night.