Remember

A/N: Just letting ya'll know, this chapter like.. hurt me to write. Take that as you will, but that's a straight up warning there.

"So what do you feel like eating?" He asks, sitting beside me at one of the school's empty tables. "I don't know," I sigh not really wanting to eat anything after basically crying in the bathroom for two hours.. but he doesn't need to know about shit like that so, "I'm not really hungry, but I won't mind getting up to go with you or.. whatever.."

"I mean.. okay." He smiles and gets up. When I get up to follow behind him someone stops us dead in our tracks. "Okay, no." They shake their head and I look to the left of Link to spot my brother glaring at me. "I can't have you skip breakfast and lunch." He huffs and Link turns to me.

"You haven't eaten at all yet?" He gasps at me and I groan, "Oh my gods you two are such a handful.." I feel a little smile tug on my lips until Dark's friends saunter up to us.

"Hey Dark!- wOah your'e bro's here tooo??" Robin walks through the three of us destructively, in a totally uncharacteristic way for him. "Ugh, why is this idiot acting dumber than usual?" I turn to the other two blue haired doofuses running up to us. "He's drunk!" Marth shouts out before leaning over to pant pretty heavily. 

"You." I turn to the taller, buffer, blue-haired idiot, "This was probably you're fault." 

"Noooo.. maybe..?" He gives me a dopey smile and catches Robin quickly before the poor white haired kid collapses on top of me. "Ike!" Dark looks at him with a childishly angry look. "I told you to stop sneaking vodka into the school!" Rolling his eyes, Ike holds onto Robin as the boy sways and giggles. "Look, It's not my fault he can't sniff out alcohol! Robin was the one who mistook my vodka bottle for his water bottle-"

"And you couldn't have mentioned that before he finished downing the entire thing." Marth raises an eyebrow at his friend now that he's caught his breath.

Rolling my eyes I walk away from the group of idiots and look over to spot a tall blonde following me. After a while of silence, right before we make it to whatever the hell the place we get food from is called, Link looks at me and smiles. "Your friends sure seem fun." He laughs a bit. "..they're not really.." I mumble a bit, wishing he wouldn't press on.

But of course he does when asks me to repeat myself.

"They're not my friends, alright?" I take a moment to stop talking as everything around us disappears. "They're only my brother's friends, and- and they probably only tolerate me because of him!" 

"What?"

"No."

"We care!" 

I can here their voices and it dawns on me that they were probably near by,  but I can't see them.

I can only see him and his face as he looks at me comfortingly. ".. I'm sure that's not what they think." He smiles sweetly and lays a gentle hand on my aching shoulder. Unfortunately, looking at his hand is all it takes.

The state of panic came so suddenly and I remember. 

All around me the scene changes and we're in my bedroom, large hand on my shoulder, tears streaming down my face. Looking up shakily my voice wavers the slightest bit and I all I can see is the blur in front of me. "L-... Link..?" I choke out and frown a bit hoping to see the sweet bouncy hair, and cute, slightly pointed ears iv'e come to know and have started to trust. 

But his eyes.

Those blue eyes. 

Just like the ones I have.. Just like the ones Iv'e learned to Hate.. 

".. j-just like- like the one's dad gave me!" I look left and right frantically, both searching for my brother and trying to release the hand on me to avoid my shoulder being wrenched again for the second time in the past two days.

"Pit! Pit I'm here calm down!" My brother's voice breaks through, causing all the things around me to fade out to disappear.

It's just us, 

only us.

And now were back to some time when we were almost 13 and had just gotten the news about our mother. We were both absolutely mortified, shock and pain so painfully evident on both our young faces.

.. Before I could say a word my brother surrounds me in his embrace and I just break down as we both sob. 

Just like now.