Just let me explain

A/N: I'm really sorry y'all, but this chapter involves mentions of Transphobia and overall not being accepted by loved ones. Please proceed with caution. And just so y'all know this one does take place at the same time as the other one, so it's a bit of a "meanwhile" chapter, if you know what I mean.. Well I hope you enjoy anyways..

Marth's P.O.V.

"Honey please, just hear him out-" "Him? Him!? Chrom, our daughter is no 'him'!" 

My mother is in tears at this point. Meanwhile, I've been crying for the past three hours. I was trying to muster up my courage and I finally did it, I finally fucking tell her the truth and now she's so distraught over who I am.

I cry, of course. I mean, that's all I can do.. this is my mother, for God's sake. "M-mom.. please." I try to beg for her sense of better nature and hope she comes to reason as the never ending pool of tears drip from my eyes. "Mom, this- this is.. who I am." I cry out to her in hopes she'd understand, but she doesn't. Of course she doesn't, she doesn't get it.

"No." She protests angrily with a face of disbelief as she shakes her head and cries, "You.. You are not some sinner, Lucina. You are my daughter!" A few more tears fall down my cheeks as my father comfortingly holds me closer. I mumble in protest, done with this conversation. But my mom doesn't hear and asks me to repeat myself. "I'm not your daughter.." I speak up, still clinging on to the tiniest bit of hope she'd see me for myself. "I'm no girl- I'm.. I'm a boy, Mom. My name is Marth!" 

My mom nearly protests again before my dad cuts her off. "Stop it, please just stop." He reaches out to his wife and gives her the most serious look he's used in the longest time, "Marth is our son and you must except that. This is who he is, and neither you or I have any right to deny him of who he is." He tried to reason with her, he really did.

But then she turns to me, not having any of this. "Lucina I need you to leave. Right now." She orders me and both my father and I are at a loss for words because she's entirely serious. "Mom-" I tried to argue, but she just shook her head and continues to push me away. "Lucina," Her voice shakes with raw emotion as she adresses me by my accursed dead name, "Get out of my damn house.. now." She emphasizes the last word in her sentence and I know with every fiber of my being there is no coming up from this.. My mother's just kicked me out.

"Wait Marth you don't-" My father tries to argue, but I get up with what small amount of pride I have remaining and hold my head up high. "I-I'll go.." I muster to choke out despite the fear I'm experiencing and give my father one last glance of gratitude before stepping hesitantly out the door. And I go.

I go and I make sure I don't break down until I'm running down the street I've grown up on in fear of what I've just done, what I've just experienced, what I've just become. Yes I'm scared, absolutely mortified even. But as I cry to myself in the side of some strangers house in fear of the person I've been hurt by the most ever, I think about other things that keep me going. My dad, my friends, my future.. My mom used to be one of them, but can I even really go back knowing she despises everything about who I really am?

I need a distraction. I sigh before pulling out my phone from the pocket of my light gray sweater and attempt to call Roy. He'd know what's going on. He'd know what to do. Right? 

It rings. And it rings, and it rings, and it rings.. I'm sent to voicemail, unfortunately. I even attempted to reach Dark and still got nothing. But I can't just sit here, I think to myself, there's only one more place I can turn to..

.

      .

              .

I knock on the door lightly and am surprised to find that a nine year old girl with nearly white, light colored hair and curious red eyes that shimmer like bright rubies answers the door. She looks a bit like Robin, I begin to think.

That is until Robin himself comes towards me with a, "Hello. Marth, is that you?" And I find myself even more confused than before seeing as I could've sworn this address was Ike's. Mayhaps I was wrong?

"Yeah, um.. Hey Robin. I thought this was Ike's place..?" I gave my white haired pal a confused glance and Robin seemed to look around a bit outside before letting me in. "Yeah, it is actually. I just live right next door and was hanging out with Ike and his sister just now." "His sister?" I ask in confusion, not even knowing Ike had a sister. Robin laughs, "This is Ike's sister, Corrin."

I smile as she's introduced. And once Ike enters we sit and talk.

Nothing's wrong.

I come here and everything's okay. I mean, I'll have to tell them eventually, of course, but for now nothing can ruin this time right now for me.