mourning thoughts

A/N: the support you give this story is unreal you guys! I wan't to thank all of ya'll for every second you spend you take reading these chapters and dealing with my incompetent ass who can't update, THANK YOU!!

-

With each step I take my heart thumps in my chest, harder and faster than I think it's supposed to honestly. Roy at my left and Dark on my right as we walked down the hall into the big, crowded, people-filled, courtroom. I fumbled for hold of my twin brother's hand and upon realizing I was reaching out to him he laced his fingers with mine and gently brushed his thumb against my shaking palms. I'm nothing but a nervous wreck..

I tried to calm down as they sat us down behind some law man in a grey suit. Ms. Peach was there too, except we weren't allowed to speak right now, so when the pathetic look on my face made eye contact with hers all she could do was give me a look of sympathy. This whole damned thing couldn't start any sooner..

The doors opened.

I held my breath, though being sandwiched inbetween my friend and brother probably wouldn't help anyway. I didn't dare move a muscle as he passed by.. Dad was being escorted down the same hall we'd just been down. They had him locked up, restrained by handcuffs and an officer with a hold on his arm. I avert my eyes and he glares at me, he's making it clear this is all my fault. 

Roy held both Dark and I closer to his side as the man who's tormented our lives walks by with his head hung low. I bite my lip in anticipation as he passes us and glance up to see him. "..dumbass Pit, this is all his fault.." he mumbles to himself, I see his eyebrows furrow and the frown on his face as he says it too..

I can't believe I even hurt the people who hurt me.

Pit. As in 'Pity Io I was ever born'. As in 'Oh, such a pity that a nice-looking young boy has to go off and ruin his future with his horrid actions' Pit.. the Pit that hurts others, right?

Despite part of my brain telling me not to, I can't help but believe that it might be better if I were the one behind the bars, trapped in chains. At least then I couldn't hurt anyone anymore.

-

And then I shoot up from my position on the couch, the memories of last night playing over and over again in my mind. "Morning, Pit!" My brother smiles as he buttons up his collared shirt. "M-morning." I choke out and throw the blanket on top of me off. "Hey, what do you want for breakfast?" Dark asks us both as Roy enters the room. He stretches, already dressed and yawns, "I don't know, eggs?" I look over and see that it's like 5am.. "I'm not hungry." I mumble and get up to get dressed.