It's okay to be okay

After sitting down in the chair my anxiety levels were beyond through the roof. I've been trying to keep it on the down low while I wait here for whatever social worker person they hired to get this all sorted seeing as they promised they'd do their best to help me. 

It's fine though, Roy and Samus are right outside the door. It's just... something feels real frightening about the empty chair in front of me..

"Um, hello, I apologize for my late appearance." A woman in a pink button-up shirt and grey skinny jeans walks in and from outside I hear a man's whistle and someone else go, "Come on baby, bring that ass over here for a-" She quickly shut the sound proof door before who I'm assuming was a male prisoner could continue. 

"I'm, terribly sorry you had to hear that." She cleared her throat and her face flushed an uncomfortable shade of red. As she sat she tied her blonde hair up in a large ponytail and placed her elbows on the table. "Okay, so. My name is Peach Toadstool, Peach, Ms. Toadstool, whichever you prefer. Basically I'm here to help both you and your brother find a new loving home to live in." I nodded for a second until I realized she said you and your brother..

They weren't planning to split us up were they?

Suddenly introductions weren't important as I sat up in protest. "Wait, Miss, you're not gonna separate my brother and I, are you?" The question caught her off guard, almost as if she didn't think I was gonna ask it, but I did, and she smiled as she laid a gentle hand on my own. "Don't worry about a thing Pit, you and your brother are so close, we wouldn't dream of breaking the two of you up. Though finding a home for you both together will be a bit tougher so I have to warn you that it may take longer so promise you'll let me know if you don't have anywhere to stay, okay?" "O.. okay." I let myslef relax in thought of how okay my brother and I may actually be for once.

Speaking of, I guess I can finally be.. myself, huh? I like to put up this strong front to show people I'm not weak, but.. it's okay. It's all actually okay for once.

So as I answered Ms. Peach's questions nothing could faze me. I feel great, I finally feel like myself again..

It'll all be okay.

A/N: :)