Familiar faces in worn-out places

I woke up this morning and, honest to god, felt terrible. Not like I was sick or sad, or anything even, I just felt.. unmotivated. Like the entire world was against me and I had nowhere to go or any way to fight against it..

The thing I hate about myself most is that things are never good enough for me, I'm such a problem.

And then there's my brother, Dark, a shining star in this fleeting world of pain. Meanwhile I'm probably the hugest asshole anyone I know has ever had the displeasure of meeting. Again it was Saturday so I had nothing to do, since it was already past 7am Dark had already left for work, taking Roy with him, so the events of last time wouldn't take place again. I'm assuming they probably just didn't want to wake me this morning. I'm trying out this new thing where I'm less 'sad' and 'hate myself less'. So, that's much easier to think about then those two just not wanting me there.

At the moment all I can really do is wait for the two of them to return.. but then maybe Dark and I can bring Roy to our park afterwards! I begin to anticipate their return more than anything for a few more moments, but then it dawns on me that waiting on my like only two friends like some kind of puppy left home alone is kind of sad. I decided to go out and return before they even notice I'm gone, but Roy would yell at me if I even thought about doing something like that so I should definitely leave a note. Just in case. 

After writing that I'm 'Going out' I left(through the door this time) and decided where I should go.. I figured I could just hang out by the town's square a little down the road. Roy ended up giving me a spare key to his place, as well as Dark, so thankfully I can lock the door as I leave. Like usual I put on a sweater, something blue, and head out.. maybe I can find something to do like play with those stray animals like last time.

.

                .

                             .

Damn. The square sure is alive today! 

Well it makes sense seeing as it is Saturday, but still. There are a shit ton of kids wandering around with their parents. Meanwhile me, some sketchyass teenage dude in a light blue sweater that shows of the smallest bit of my stomach, thankfully the sleeves are long enough on this thing.. they help my jeans hide all the scrapes and scars left throughout my body over the years. 

I sat at the square's fountain, taking in the sights, and wondering why I don't come here more often. I leaned back towards the calm-sounding water a bit and noticed some girl staring at me. She had a brown short haircut and I swear I've seen her face before. Before I could even look away the girl next to her, much taller and much more.. 'exposed', sent me a wink before grabbing the other girl's ass. The shorter one seemed to squeak in embarrassment as they walked away and I watched a cloud pass over my head.

.. Did I just get passive-agressively teased by some lesbians?

.. what does that even mean..?

Without anymore time to think about it there was a big "QUACK" sound from the left of my legs. It scared me so much I nearly fell back in the water! But instead I looked down to see a duck.. a fucking duck.. maybe this is why I don't hang out here.. 

The duck quacked at me once more before placing his little duck bill on the edge of the fountain and looked up at me in a pleading manner. ".. You want, to go in there?" I ask the duck and it quacks again. He flaps his wings a little and I scoop him up as gently as possible. Now I know what you're probably thinking.. Why exactly am I helping a wild duck into this fountain? And the answer is! .. I don't know.. Placing the duck in the water he begins to swim in little circles and cleans his feathers in the water. He stops and quacks again.

I hear a big woof and the thundering of paws as a medium sized dog runs up to me, placing it's head in my lap and giving the duck floating nearby a curious sniff. The dog barks and the duck quacks, the duck quacks and the dog barks. Neither of them seem upset with the other one though, seeing as after a small howl the dog gives the duck a friendly lick and they splash around the edge of the fountain a bit.

That's cute, but I need some human friends.

Speaking of which I just so happen to see both Ike and Robin exiting a cafe together. I felt the urge to call out their name's, or greet them, or something, but I was completely shocked to see Ike turn and grab the hand of a little girl who, I kid you not, kind of looked like Robin.

I still couldn't process what was going on around me as the dog beside me barked at them. The little girl nearly dragged Ike over and Robin followed behind them towards me. "Hey, Pit." Ike greet me with a smile and the little girl bounced up and down excitedly. "Hey Mister, could I pet your dog, please?" She asked politely and I looked down at said dog a bit skeptically. "Well you see, he's not really my dog. He's just a stray I suppose." She looked up at Ike and he smiled, "Go ahead Corrin, he looks nice enough." Robin finally made it beside us. The girl, Corrin, reached out her hand to the brown dog. It was pretty obvious all three of us were nervous until the big dog gave her an affectionate lick on the arm. Corrin giggled out happily and tried to push the dog away as I turned to Robin. "Robin is she like, your sister or something?" I ask and he raises a brow confused. "What? No. She's Ike's sister!" I looked at him for a bit, then at Corrin, then at Robin, then at Ike. 

".. Are you sure about that?" 

A/N: Why hello there 

Guess what..?

THIS STORY IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE WATTYS (so is my SSB oneshot book but, I'm updating that later) aNYWAY, 

So if you're enjoying me updating chapters again please let me know, I love all y'all and thanks for reading! :)