Really Family

(Important)A/N: Before ya'll read i'd just like to know whether ya'll enjoy Marth or Lucina more as a character, nothing bad will happen to the one you don't pick but I just really need to know for the next chapter so I know who to give more story-time to, hope you enjoy the chapter :)

"Hello, me and my friend are here to see a Dark Icarus, we received a call about him a little while ago." I speak to the lady at the desk as she types away on her computer.

"I'm sorry sir," she turns to the two of us with a sweet tone as she readjusts the nurse's cap atop her pink head of hair. "But it seems that since the boy is under aged and no legal guardian has yet to show up only close family will be able to see him right now."

"That's no problem," I assure her with a smile as I pull Pit closer to me, "This here is the kid's twin brother and my name is under both of their emergency contacts." I gesture to the both of us in turn.

"I see. Well that all checks out, but I will have to have both of your names for our records." "Of course." I nod and give her our names. Shortly afterwards we were given directions to a room down the hall marked with Dark's name on a patient's board right outside the door.

"Are you ready?" I turn and ask Pit as we stand outside the quiet white room. Instead of answering he simply nods his head and grabs onto both of his own arms. ".. Okay." I take a shaky breath before placing my hand on the door's handle with a sigh.

Stepping in there's the familiar little beeping telling us that Dark is still alive. There he is, one of my best friends.. just lying there.

His arms and what's seen of his torso are bandaged, not to mention the tiniest bit if wrapping they used on his head that seems to be in his hair a bit.

Pit walks up to the edge of the bed and he seems to shake a bit with every step. ".. I'm sorry.." He speaks quietly with a look of unbelievable despair in his eyes. "I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." He apologizes before sitting beside his unconscious twin in a plastic hospital chair.

"Roy." Pit doesn't look away from his brother's sleeping face as he calls my name. "Can.. can you sit next to me?" He asks in a calming tone.

Without a word I grab another chair from a side of the room and place it beside his, watching him close his eyes. After a minute or two of sitting in total silence Pit opens up his tired looking eyes and looks at me. He places a gentle hand on my shoulder while not breaking the contact between our pairs of blue eyes.

It's strange.. he usually wouldn't look me in the eyes seeing as they're probably too similar to his, but I just realized that he's been doing it a lot more than usual today. Before I'm able to ask about it his expression becomes slightly concerned and he speaks softly. "Roy, are you okay?"

"What?" I ask confused. This right now has nothing to do with me.. why is he asking if I'm okay? "It's just, I know you care about my brother. Just like he and I really care about you, our closest friend.."

I look at him in disbelief and can't help but be a little shocked as wet, hot tears run down my face. Honestly the feeling is kind of painful as if said tears have been held back for a good while now. "I-i.. what..?" I stutter out a bit pitifully, a bit lost for words from how confused I am.

"I know." Pit pulls me into a gentle hug and lets me hold onto him as my tears drip onto his sweater's shoulder. "I can't be any easier for either.. seeing as you're basically our brother as well." He yawns out and lays his head onto me.

When he speaks I feel my heart melt, neither of us had very good families. Both of the brothers having their happy little family torn apart and utterly ruined leaving nothing but pain and regret for the two, and my family.. who let's just say were very dysfunctional and didn't want me around. Hearing that the three of us had made our own loving, supporting family despite all we've been through honestly brings tears to my eyes..

Especially knowing that I get to be a part of it.

".. I love you guys." I choke out happily and let myself cry some more before letting Pit go once it feels like he's finally fully asleep.

His body goes limp with exhaustion as I pick him up just enough to lay his body on the couch pressed against the wall. I choose to let him rest seeing as he probably didn't sleep at between worrying over his brother and whatever his father would have done to him. So even if it was nearly five o'clock and the day just began, I let him sleep as I reached for my cellphone and called our friends to let them know what happened.

(UnImportant)A/N: Also, this is unimportant but just so ya'll know I put this chapter and the one before in a word counter and apparently these fanfic chapters are written at a college graduate reading level

so that's pretty cool I guess :)