Saturday

A/N: Once again.. all I can say is sorry.

Ahh, Saturday. 

The absolute worst day of the week. Not only do I have to head to work first thing in the morning, but this day is so unpredictable.

Sometimes on Saturdays I'll come home and take my brother with me to a nearby park and we'll spend the entire evening running around and being kids like we should be able to do. But.. Sometimes I'll come home and I'll find my brother beaten roughly on the floor, my father passed out beside him and more of a drunken mess than usual.

Tiredly I shake the thoughts out of my head and dress for the day. After being completely ready I slid a note under Pit's door to remind him to eat breakfast before heading out and walking my way to work. Thankfully the office isn't too far and I really only have to show up Saturday for the meetings, as long as I actually finish all my work it's perfectly okay for me to work from home and still collect a paycheck. 

Too bad the neighborhood around here is pretty sketchy...

.

              . 

                             .

"See you later Ted." I call out to the secretary in the front desk and make my way out of the office building around six in the evening. Hopefully Pit was okay when I got home so we could spend some time together, it really has been a rough week for him and I hope he can find himself smiling like he's been doing a lot more lately. 

"Stop." Someone puts there hand on my shoulder and I turn to see some stranger with a chipped front tooth, a scar going up his neck to his jawline, and a face tattoo of a snake on the right side of his face. "Hand over all your money and you may just get away."