some things never change

So as it turns out I was still pretty sick the next day and only actually got better the second day after my interrogation and now I'm going back to school. Actually so is Dark, he was able to leave the hospital yesterday and now class begins for us both as we make our separate ways in the hallway split.

Damn, Algebra 2 sure is gonna kick my ass with how long I've been gone, but who gives a crap? I think to myself as Dark turns the corner as a group of chicks walking past whisper their gossip about me as I pass, like I can't see them. 

I decided to ignore them today when I saw Robin open up his locker and several different envelopes fly out. Rather than being flattered or even cocky about it, like most guys probably would be, the kid simply sighs and empties the clutter of pink and heart printed letters from his locker before taking out his history textbook and shutting his locker door. 

Normally I would hardly ever see him, let alone interact with Robin, during school hours but then this guy talking to his friend caught sight of him and whispered something the white-haired boy seemed to catch. Whatever it was brought an upset expression to Robin's face and he turned away. So I walked over, glaring at the two strangers before leaning my arm on his locker. "Hey kid, what's got you so bothered?" I asked questioningly with a bit of a sharp edge in my tone, but it unfazed Robin and he gave me a fake smile, "H-hey Pit. Glad to see you feeling better, I'm fine." He clutched onto his textbook nervously as he spoke and kept his eyes downcast, and that's when I heard it.. 

"Can't believe a guy like that would ever talk to someone who-" "Hey, you got a problem?" I didn't even let the guy from before finish his sentence to his friend before turning around to glare yet again. Though this time they didn't even seem bothered by it, they brushed me off like some kind of easy to push over weakling and the first guy scoffed. "The only problem around here is people like you thinking you're all that and that everything just comes your way." "Save your sorry excuses before I beat you to a pulp!" My anger gets the best of me and I almost don't hear as the other guy begins to speak. "Huh, kinda like your dad's been doing to you? Don't think we all didn't see your little live showcase on the morning news last weekend, thinking you're all tough, everyone knows about that and your brothers' accident. Which, let's be honest, was probably your fault too, all you're ever good for is causing trouble.."

My breath hitched as I lost the air I tried to take in.. of course everyone knew about that.. about everything. I gulped, not really knowing how to respond to all that, but not wanting to be seen as weak by not saying anything. That was until a large book met the second guy's face with a heavy thud and his friend and I both chorused a, "What the hell!?" As he fell down in pain.

All the meanwhile I took note of an angered Robin beside me and could now clearly see the absence of his previously held onto history book. "I-I won't let you talk to him like that!" He threatened and seemed to brace himself. But the two guys hardly retaliated and I was left jaw wide open as they scampered off.. cause one, that's one of the nicest things anyone's ever done for me, and two, that was cool as fuck. 

".. Thanks for that, Robin." I turned to the worried boy after regaining my train of thought. Instead of looking at me he just smiled sadly and shook his head. "It.. it was no problem." He looked incredibly dejected when he stalked off and I was nearly tempted to ask him what was wrong.. but then the bell rang and he entered class and now I'm late.. 

I opened up the door to my own class and entered to sight of many glances of pity, disgust, and judgement. They all made me want to turn away except for the harsh glare from that substitute bitch that yelled at me for calling everyone assholes last week. "Well, well, well. It's nice to see you back in school, if you wouldn't mind refraining from speaking such vulgar language in this classroom next time.." She checks the attendance roster for my name. "..Um.. Pit." My name on her tongue sounds like an overused curse word. I glare at her with my arms crossed and give her a look of annoyance. "As long as you can refrain from saying my name in such a disgusting tone." I spat at her before sauntering my way up to my seat in the back. I plopped down all irritated now and the basic, bitchass brittney next to me decides to laugh.

I simply turned away and faced the wall to escape this hell of a place at this point, guess I'll just sit here as my hope for humanity increasingly depletes..