What it means to be a brother

I sat on a park bench with Ike as Robin pushed Corrin on the swings, she was a real sweet kid and it seemed she really enjoyed everything we did while hanging out. I leaned back and was about to close my eyes when beside me Ike lets out a snort of amusement.

With a bit of a glare I looked over at him, but kept my head in it's tired position as I spoke. "Now what's that for Ike, never seen a guy tired before?" He smiles at me and I can't help but enjoy the back and forth. "Nah, I've seen a guy tired before, but I've never seen you this level of tired before." "That is incorrect, I'm always this tired." I correct him and he laughs out loud. "You know man, you can be pretty funny when you want to be." Ike informs me and I stretch with a small frown. "Why would I want to be funny all the time? That's way too much effort." "That is true." He smiles at me.

I wanted to say something more until I heard Ike's name being called and we stood to join Robin and Corrin on the playground. The two of them seemed to be on the seesaw! .. Except the fact that Corrin's half looked as if it were stuck up in the sky and with Robin on she couldn't get down. "So as it turns out.. One teenage boy is a lot heavier than one small child.. we can't get this to balance. Ike, Pit, you guys mind?" Robin explained, a bit embarrassed. 

"Okay I know I am tons heavier than Robin.." Ike looked between both his white-haired friend and Corrin before turning to me. "Um, Pit.. do you think you could.." he trails off but I understand where he's going with this. "Hey, no problem buddy. I got this!" I reassure the other three. "Prepare for balance." I order both Robin and Corrin as Robin gets off and I position myself behind the little girl. 

"Alright, let's see if this works.." Robin sits down on the side opposite from Corrin and I. 

I mean it was all fine and dandy until he got on and our side jerked upward viciously. The side I was on was only just barely lower than it was before when it was just Corrin, causing Robin to gasp. "Dear god Pit, how light are you? This thing has barely changed weight!" He cries and I can't help but turn a little red. How am I supposed to take that? A compliment? An insult? "M-maybe you're just that heavy!" I counter back at Robin and both he and Ike break out into laughter. 

"Okay, okay, I may just have the solution." Ike calls out to us before joining right behind me and and making our side come down. "Ah!" Robin calls out surprised as his side jerks up spontaneously. "I.. I think now I'm stuck." He informs us.

"Can you get down at all?" Corrin asks curiously and Robin frowns. "I guess I could try.." He confesses. Robin pushes down on his seat with all his might before only going down one or two centimeters. "Nope." Robin pops his p and Ike gets off, freeing us all from the prison that is this unbalanced seesaw trap. "Well I think that was a total bust-" "I think I know how to make this work!" Corrin calls out all excited, interrupting my sentence of pessimism. 

"Well, what'ya got?" Ike asks, just as curious as the both of us and seemingly very willing to be ordred around by his little sister. And after some quick re-ordering by a little girl, Robin and Corrin were on the opposite side facing me sat in front of Ike. "You guys ready?" Corrin asks us three and I nod. Apparently whatever the hell this kid has thought up works. Cause now the seesaw we're on moves perfectly up and down- and it just dawns on me how dumb I sound wasting 20 minutes of my life on this, only for an 9 year old to have the solution all along.

"I did it!" Corrin cheers, nearly removing her hands from balancing herself before remembering we were actually moving and she could fall off. 

.

          .

                    .

It's been about 20 or 30 minutes from that sweet wholesome ordeal between us four and Ike mentioned he had to take Corrin home before their mother flipped out. "I could walk you home, or you could join me on my way to the library." Robin offered spending more time with me so I wouldn't be alone, but I declined. It's not that I didn't want to hang with him necessarily, it was more so I just wanted to be on my own for however long I had. 

"Alright then, I'll see you around Monday then." Robin accepted my declining of his offer and made his way towards the entrance of the park. Giving one last look around I figured I should head on home myself, last time I checked Dark got off of work around around 5 minutes from now meaning he and Roy would get to Roy's apartment soon afterwards..

Not to mention the walk back to the apartment buildings from here at the park was a good 16 or 15 minutes so they're probably going to flip once I walk through the door. I walked towards the exit myself so I wouldn't be too late all lonely like, and I couldn't help but groan as I thought about what Roy and Dark would do once I got back.

Roy's probably gonna hit me upside the head again. Maybe even give me a stern lecture or two, who knows?

Oh, and if you think that's mean I can hardly stand to think up any punishment my brother would give me. Dark.. the monster.. He'll probably make me eat a shit ton of vegetables! God, I fucking hope not, I literally fucking despise those disgusting ass, organic, crap quality plants people serve up and toss all over their plates! And knowing my brother, forcing me to stomach any of those crappy ass vegetable shits is right up his alley on punishment lane. Like I said, what a monster..

About to exit the park now, I shudder at the thought of my brother serving a whole dish of eggplant anything. He's done it before, despite knowing eggplant is the vegetable I loathe the most. But then beside a big, pretty, elm tree I spot the golden, glowing, blonde locks of hair and captivating, inviting, interesting, facial features that adorn the perfectly toned and fitting body shape of none other than Link the bastard that seems to invade my thoughts more than I'd like to admit.

I debated on either going up to him or slinking away in embarrassment for what felt like hours, actually only being two minutes apparently, before being about to walk my way over when something next to Link caught my eye. 

Neither turn their head but now at the angle I stand I can clearly see that Link has someone he's talking to. Something here is strange though, the person he speaks with is rather well hidden and seemingly consumed by a plethora of dark shaded clothing. I can see their face though, just barely. Their rather paled skin and intensely unsettling red eyes stick out most to me from all their features, that and the rather long and unkept raven black hair that frames their nearly rugged and almost fearstrikingly familiar face.

The intimidating stranger seemed to be in a pretty heated, yet quiet and private, conversation wifh Link. Definitely making me think twice about approaching the blonde boy I'd been growing to know recently.

And I could of sworn he may have, though I hope hadn't, caught sight of me backing out of the park in fear of what that person's appearance was doing to my head.

My eyes..

I swear they've seen that same face before so many times.. I must've been a while I suppose, but I can't recall.. I don't know.

I stumble back home, the feeling of uneasiness and doubt from this morning seeping back into me more than before. Now, more than ever today, I want to be at home. I don't want to return here to the park, not for a while. Now I feel unsafe for some reason, and I fear something may happen to me at every corner I walk past.  

A/N: um.. so @FavoredTrain38, remember when I said these next few chapters were gonna be just fluff.. ?

.. sorry guys, but I really tried.