Drunk words may just be sober thoughts

Link's P.O.V (continued) 

So here we're sat...

Ike and Robin have accompanied Dark and Viridi to do some shopping while Roy said he needed to take Marth to his house to "pick some things up." I have no idea why Marth is staying with Roy, but all I know is that Palutena left with a sudden work call just now, so it seems.. I'm trapped. 

Now, I know that may sound rather melodramatic coming from me, but In reality... I literally can not move.

"Pit.." I nudge the half asleep boy clinging to my chest as he lays on top of me on the couch. Pit simply mumbles a bit before burying his head further into the space between my arm and the side of the couch. 

Everyone's only been gone a few minutes but it seems that Pit is not doing any better. I thought he may perk up enough to be awake like the last time he was sick (when we had a wild encounter at the park) but the poor guy is completely out of it this time. 

Honestly... I'm terrible at taking care of others when they're sick. Which, that's bad, right? I'm one of the oldest of my siblings, but I have zero to no hospitality skills! Well, Pit doesn't seem to mind.. In fact, all he's needed from me since I've been here is to cling to me and not let me go anywhere.

"I love you"

I find my brain playing tricks as I imagine the unconscious Pit cradled up to me begin to speak.

"Let me hold you, I'll never let go."

It's only at the feeling of hands tightening around the fabric of my shirt do I realize that I'm not just going crazy....

"Pit!?" The bewilderment is clear on my face as Pit lifts his head up and immediately tries to find ways to move his face uncomfortably close to mine. He mumbles something I can't quite catch before his body shifts fully on top of me and I began to feel almost as warm as he does. 

But... this all feels so wrong. 

Pit's just sick, he doesn't mean this. But every time I push him away it's just..  

"Get up." I interrupt myself, trying to distance myself from whatever's making my friend act so unordered-like. "Pit, Get up!" "No!!" I get cries of protest as I yank Pit's wandering arms from reaching around my neck. "Are you always this handsy when your sick?" I groan in frustration as Pit seems far more awake than he was just before now. 

The second Pit's cold hands separate from mine I stand up from the couch and watch as he gives me a not very sharp, and rather dazed looking glare. "I thought you'd liked me." Pit snaps in a voice thick with the deepness that's brought by tons of sleep. 

"Look... You're not yourself right now. You need to lie down, okay?" "You're avoiding the question!" I mean, he's right. But no, this is all so off. 

"Just like you're avoiding him!" 

HIM!? I've been doing nothing but try to help him, coerce him into coming back home... And even then, Why the hell is that suddenly my job? I'm frustrated, okay. No, beyond that even! I'm PISSED off at my brother! 

I'm pissed off at Shadow! 

"I'M—" 

But as I turn back to hell at what I assume was to be Pit... he's gone. Have I lost him? 

What? 

Oh I don't even, what am I, I don't think this.. this is—

Oh wait, I feel it. 

The hair under my chin, the thumping of a heart. 

I spring up and suddenly... I'm awake, I'm actually awake this time! 

"Hey... Link?" I hear curiously from my side and despite the sleeping Pit above me in reality I shift my sight to the left to see Marth peering at us from above as he stands behind the couch. I manage to grumble out a confused sounding, "What?" before Marth continues his mocking statement. "Did you seriously fall asleep just because Pit wouldn't let you get up?" 

"Nooo?" I lie through my teeth before Ike and Roy can be heard in their nearly simultaneous roars of laughter. "That's why they were so quiet?" Ike parades his way over to observe the the exact mess I'm in. I give him an obviously false glare while he continues to snicker at the fact that Pit hasn't yet moved an inch from his position. "That's adorable." Dark speaks up from a seat I can actually see if I look up and to my left and as we make eye contact I can't help but think back to my dreams...

"So you guys never left? You were all here the whole time?" Roy gives a rather loud, "Yep." From some random location in the room and I'm to actually catch a nod from Dark. "Palutena and Viridi are off doing wife things, but we've literally been hanging out here for a while." 

"Wife things?"

I feel a hand wander a little too closely to my face for comfort as Pit wakes up and stretches out, he proceeds to ask on and on about what we were talking about. "Wife things? What wives, Dark we're all boys there's no way we can be wives..." Roy and Ike immediately burst into laughter upon hearing Pit speak up while I, even if I also found it funny, found something else to worry about. 

With Pit's stretching leaving a hand by my face and and a knee just as dangerously close to my crotch I'm now trapped in a somehow even more embarrassing position beneath my friend. "Pit... you're still on top of me." I laugh out nervously, somehow gaining Pit's attention despite the fact that his face gives off an expression of confusion. 

"Hm?" Pit shuffles so he's on the couch beside me and I'm finally allowed to move again. "Sorry, was just not paying attention to anything I guess." And although Pit's no longer holding on to me I can feel that he's struggling with something

Suddenly, there's someone behind me and I before I can check for sure Pit slumps forward, seemingly trying to hold something back. "Pit, are you alright? What's wrong..?" I went to reach for him right before the person, who I'm assuming is Dark based off of the voice I heard, places their hand on my shoulder for a second. Guess his brother could tell that something's really off as well.

For a moment Pit turns his head and coughs a bit before he clears his throat and tries to speak again. "I'm fi—" He was only cut off by even more, much harsher, coughing. 

"I'll get some water." Roy announces and he and Robin head into the kitchen. All is seemingly okay until Pit lets in a sharp inhale and gets much worse than before.. Worse as in now it seems he can hardly breathe. "Pit!" The Six of us are by his side in an instant, and the second Pit moves his hands away from his mouth he takes a shaky gulp before staring me down. "I'm fine." Pit's distant voice barely reaches me before I notice it, I guess the Robin, Ike, and Marth running off and the suddenly terrified Dark and Roy have already noticed it themselves. 

There's blood.