Mother

A/N: So this next chapter is also in Dark Pit's P.O.V. and just to warn you everything you're about to see is absolutely terrible in the italicized bit and was terrifying to write because it's fueled by some of the most traumatic nightmares I've had in my life

Big Warning, Terrible death and trauma, but it's all backstory so please be advised if you do decide to read, it'll be over and back to your regularly scheduled amount of angst as soon as the italics end!

I'm so sorry y'all, please be cautious!

-

A small brunette boy, with fearful blue eyes clings on to the shivering hand of his mother and the raven-haired woman pulls the small boy closer to her body. They walk home in the dark of the nighttime streets and nearly stumble as the chaotic nightlife of the town buzzes around them. 

".. Pit..." The small boy's mother rasps with her hoarse voice as she stops for a moment to catch her breath. "Mom?" The boy stops and looks back at his mother in concern as she begins to cough. "Mom, are you okay? We're almost home, do you need your medicine?" He presses the bag they'd recently gone out to purchase towards her and she coughs just a bit more before waving it away once she recollects her breath. "I-I'm fine, honey, I'm fine.. I'm sorry, I-I'm okay, let's keep going." She reassures her child the best she possibly can, but despite that the little boy worries. 

As the two begin to approach the beginning of their neighborhood in the housing part of the city the air grows dense around them and everything fogs up, making it harder to see. The dark haired woman holding her son's hand begins to cough again, louder this time, and nearly drops to the floor as it grows harder to breathe. "Mom!" Her little boy cries and leads her to the side of a house for her to sit and calm her breathing. Beforehand the little boy removes his coat and lays it on the ground so his mother can rest on it instead of the cold floor. 

And even though the gesture was kind his mother protests as best she can. "P-pit, honey! N-no I'm- Honestly dear hea-heavens, you'll catch your death out here!" She coughs a bit more and attempts to remove her scarf for her son to wear instead, but the despite the boy's shivering he stops her with his tiny hands and pulls the prescription pills out of the tiny white bag they'd just gotten. He tries to glance over the label of the container before opening it, but he can't read the large confusing letters in the dark. Instead he just tries his hardest to pull the screwed top open and looks towards his mother. "Mom, how many are you supposed to ta-" 

"Hey, you! What's that you got there?" A strange looking man appeared and attempted to grab for the bottle of pills the small boy held in his hands. Holding the pills away from the scary stranger the small brunette boy took a step back and warily spoke to the man in the trench coat. "L-listen Mister, please. My- My mom is sick and she needs a doctor. We need help! Can you help us, please?" 

"W-wait Pit. Don't.. Don't talk to hi-" The mother tries to warn her son away from the man, but it's all for not when the man begins speaking again. "Your mom's sick, ey?" The little boy nods and a grotesque smiles grows on the stranger's face. "Listen here kid you give me the shit you got and I'll let you and your mom of yours of free." "Free..?" The little boy's timid voice rings out and both he and his fatigued mother let out a shocked gasp when the man pulls out a gun from one of his pockets. 

The mother screams out of terror and reaches for her little boy when the man fiddles with the trigger and aims towards the child's head. "Just give me the pills you little shit!" The armed man shouts loudly causing the little boy to tear up and curl into his mother. "B-but my mom n-needs these t-to live." The little boy hiccups and the man's face grows a scowl. "'My mom needs em, yada, yada, yada'!" He mocks the little boy before shoving the barrel of his gun to the mother's temple. "You think I give a crap if your mother needs em, kid? They're pills, I could get good money from em and you're gonna fork em over, Our your mom's not gonna need em any longer!" He pushes the gun closer into the woman's raven locks and the lady begins to sob as she cradles her little boy.