The wind is howling

Strangely enough I think I passed out during the car ride home..

One minute we were still in the diner parking lot, and the next we were apparently on our way to Marth's house after already dropping off Robin and Ike. I still feel like shit too so..

Man I really wish I had stayed asleep, but at least I can see my friend off before he leaves so that's nice. Apparently both the guys in the front hadn't noticed I was awake yet, which made it even funnier when we made it to a stop and I scared them both shitless by letting out a quick, "Bye, Marth!" Before the bluenette was even given a chance to finish greeting his mother, who was at the moment gardening out front.

I couldn't help but laugh a little as Roy said his own goodbyes and mumbling a, "I see someone's feeling better." Before heading off in the direction of home. Except he passed up my neighborhood..

As I noticed this I was about to say something before Roy gave me a condescending glance in his rear-view mirror. "Honestly Pit, did you really think I was gonna let you go home. Alone. Without Dark. Not only having to take care of yourself, but also having to deal with everything you go through daily.."

Damn, he's right. I really don't think, do I?

Still though, I don't want to be a burden to my best friend. I'm already useless enough to need to depend on my brother all of the time, and now that he's not around suddenly I just move onto Roy? It's not right. And It's not fair at all for the two of them. ".. I can do it Roy. I can't.. burden you.." I mumbled out as best I could to let him know that it's okay. He doesn't have to force himself to support me over and over when I've done nothing in my entire life to merit any of the help I get.

I'm worthless, and awful. And a huge fuck-up.
And the one person who I know would never leave me is gone, in the hospital, away, maybe I'll never see him again and it's just like when he went away for school all those years ago and I'll just be left for dead while my dad is probably gonna-

"Pit, listen to me." Roy interrupts my dark tangent of thoughts and it's only now I realize that I allowed myself to let out a few tears on the outside, "You are not, and never will be, a burden. People care about you Pit. I care about you. The only reason I help you so much is because I genuinely care about you, and in the end really just want to see you smiling and happy, for real. Now stop being so pessimistic, you always do this when you're sick and it just stresses you out."

Slowly I nod. Maybe he's right, I don't know, maybe. All I know is that I'm glad we're almost at his apartment at this point because my stomach hurts again and I'm still so tired. Tired in so many ways..

I miss my brother.

.

             .

                        .

Roy had let me in and offered to let me rest some more in his bedroom while he went to check if he had any medicine. And though I still felt a bit bad about it I agreed because Roy low-key terrifies me. Like I don't take shit from anybody, but Roy can be scary as fuck when I don't take care of myself well enough.

Once when we were seven and I had a cold nobody could get me to sleep because I was terrified I'd have a nightmare, which of course was making me worse. Anyway, Roy was so done with me after we got into an argument over it so he just casually came over, and despite the fact that he was only an inch taller than Dark and I, and seven, he suplexed me into my bed which caused me to pass out from pure shock. Yeah, that was traumatizing and I don't want a repeat of that so I just give in to all his orders about my health from now on..