Lunchtime

At lunch today I actually got something to eat this time and I'm counting that as an achievement. Of course as soon as I bit into the mediocrely made sandwich provided by the school I notice a group of five guys walk up to me and before I can say anything Marth and Dark are both sat beside me on either side. I swallow the bite of food in my mouth and place down my sandwich as the others begin to open up their own lunches. 

With a sigh I duck down my head in embarrassment and shoot my brother a look. It takes a while for Dark to notice my glance but when he does he pouts at me playfully. He bites into another potato chip, hardly noticing the crumbs that somehow made their way onto his nose. "Aw bro, come on you should've guessed we weren't gonna leave you all alone right now." He smiled and pinched my cheeks. "Sh-shut up, Dark." I grimaced but didn't make a move to get him away from me as I swallowed down my embarrassment. 

I heard the most angelic sound resonate from in front of me only to see that Link was nearly choking on his drink in laughter over something Ike told him. I think.. I think this is the first time I ever heard him laugh like that.. my face flushes as he regains his breath, hardly noticing me staring or the fact that his leg accidentally brushes up to mine.. damn these narrow tables.. Marth nudges me like he knows what I'm thinking and before my oblivious brother can ask what has me so embarrassed I pick up my sandwich and take a huge bite. I eat discretely while the others converse and notice as none other than Roy comes up to the table and sits down in a spot between Robin and Link across from Dark. "Hey losers, what's happening?" He smirks and looks through all of us as if it wasn't a total surprise he was even at school.  

"Hey Roy." They all greeted him and I simply rolled eyes due to the fact I was eating. "Finally eating something, huh?" He teases me and I quit biting into the sandwich I nearly finished now. "Well I was until you came, yes." I put both my elbows on the table and he let out a mock offended expression of hurt. "Yet again, I've been wounded!" Roy laughs and I turn away with a smile.  

I'm glad after everything that's happened we can all still smile... not like I did that much before everything, but you know..