Saturday 2.0

A/N: god fuckin dang I just wanna get to the end of this story so bad cause it's gonna break so many hearts and It's a struggle being the only one who know it! Oh, or.. um, maybe it won't be emotional and I'm just a sensitive bitch, who knows? Haha haha ha... ha..

Pit's P.O.V. 

It's almost been a whole week that both Dark and I have been living with Mrs. Palutena and Mrs. Viridi and have yet to announce to any of them that I'm sick.. again. It's not as bad this time, I think, but It's so unfair! I mean, sure my health hasn't been very well lately but to be sick again, so soon? I think there actually might be something wrong with me. 

And that's why I haven't told anyone. Not even Dark. 

It sounds... irresponsible, sure. But I don't want my brother to worry and our new.. "parents" have already been nice enough to let us live with them. I don't wanna cause more trouble than I already do–

A couple knocks sound at the door of the bedroom Dark and I share and I bolt up in my bed in shock. Where is Dark??? 

My panic begins to grow and I race to open the door until the person on the other side realizes it's unlocked and simply opens it up themselves. "Hey, Kid. You alright?" Viridi eyes me up and down and now that I think about it I probably look like a mess. As I give her a small nod though this nausea hits me like whiplash and I feel half deceased as if I could just topple over and die right here. 

"Dark..?" I manage to call out my brother's name and look around like I'm in a fever dream. Things start growing a little hazy and I barely hear Viridi mention him at work. At.. work? But he works Saturdays... "What... what day is it?" I look at the blonde woman seriously and she pats me on the arm. "Saturday, calm dow— wow, you're really warm." I pull my arm back quickly and hide it behind my back. "S-sorry," I feel my eyes widen a bit as Viridi has a look across her face that tells me she knows what's wrong. "It's just really.. hot in here." 

Viridi gives me a glare through her hazel eyes and even though she's a little shorter than me and not that threatening I can't help but take a step back. "Pit, are you.. lying to me?" Her voice gives off the impression of disbelief and I feel my throat begin to ache as I try to get her to leave me alone. 

"Fine." I croak out, it honestly hurts to speak but I just want to be left alone. "I'm—" clearing my throat there didn't help as much as I wanted it to. "I'm fine, I'm okay.." 

Viridi begins to laugh. It's almost as if I've made a joke even.. 

"Pit, you don't have to lie to me! I know I'm not as caring as Palutena or as close to you as your brother, but you can trust me. ... Okay?" She grasps my face gently with one of her, smaller than my own and kinda cold, hands and I give her a grim nod. 

"Sorry." The word leaves my mouth almost involuntary as she grabs me by my arm again and leads me toward their nice green colored kitchen. Viridi eyes me over her shoulder and pushes me to sit in a random chair that was left by a counter. "Shush already, that moping won't get you better quicker." She reaches up on her tippy toes for something and as she comes back down I see she has some pills held out in her hand with a glass of water held out to me. "Now take this medicine and get better, alright? I'm sure your brother would prefer you healthy rather than sad." I give her a little smile by accident and take the things offered to me.

"Thank.. you." My head aches and I'm barely able to swallow the pills let alone the water. I went for another sip to rid my mouth of the taste of the medicine I swallowed and I almost start to choke. Luckily though, I'm quick enough to swallow the water in my mouth before turning my face to cough and hack into my arm. 

I feel a hand on my back and It dawns on me that it was Ms. Viridi's as I lean over and drop my head toward my knees. As I'm still attempting to get my air back and struggle to breathe normally I hear a sharp inhale from Viridi and she exclaims, "Fuck, Kid. How sick are you?" And I give a small grumble of discomfort, physically unable to answer. 

"Well," Viridi sighs, her hands on her hips as her face gives off the impression that she's thinking. "I guess rest is important or whatever so you should go back to bed.." She trails off as she begins to look for something in the kitchen. About to stand I can't help but internally deflate. Bed? Again? I just woke up! 

Is this what it means to actually take care of yourself when you're sick? 

"Oh, here." I turn to look at Mrs. Viridi as she displays her cell phone on her hands after finally finding it on the counter she was searching on. "You see, I know you haven't eaten anything, which you really should do soon, but I'm not the one who does the cooking so I'll just order something for the both of us until Palutena comes back from her errands!" My stomach begins to grow queasy and I give her a look of confusion as Mrs. Viridi asks what kind of pizza I'd like. Personally, the correct answer is none. But to avoid suspicion from her I give a quick, "Whatever." Before staggering my way back to bed. 

Usually when feeling this bad I would already be puking my damn guts out but I think the pills I took earlier were just fine at stalling that for now. With a mumble or two to Viridi I don't hesitate to slip back into bed and burrow under my covers once again. 

Honestly, fuck being sick. Why's it have to happen so often...? 

.

            .

                         .

I wake up in a cold sweat, shaky and unable to stand at first. I want to get up so bad that I push through my weak body's protest and lift a heavy arm to pull back the covers. 

"... fuck." I groan a bit as I sit up and most of my body gives off this groggy feeling that reaches deep into my bones. It's only now do I realize that there's something on my forehead and I reach up to peel it off. 

Shhhhhhhhhhrkt

Ugh. Removing the gel like substance it's almost odd to hear that it sounds almost exactly like a piece of paper being torn to shreds. I turn to place the little, now warm, cooling thing on a nightstand beside my bed until I'm suddenly face to face with my brother sat by my beside. "So, sick again. Huh?" He gives me a little chuckle of amusement but before I can answer back I see it in his eyes, just for a second... worry. 

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out but this dull ache. I guess Dark understands though because he reaches his arms out and pulls me forward. "C'mon Pit, the others wanted to see you up earlier but you wouldn't budge for anything." The others? Does he mean.. 

Our door opens and in walks Mrs. Palutena with a glass of water she offers it to me and I give her a look of gratitude before taking a couple long sips. The water feels so great as it runs down my throat. I open my eyes once more and am met with an all too familiar face, tears well up in my eyes... 

Roy! 

A/N: hahaha! A longer chapter just like I said!! Now that this story has returned once more I hope the lot of you are ready to feel every inch of sadness that oozes into these words 

😎👉👉