Wind cuts through the heart

As soon as I entered he gave me a cold glare. It was all too familiar, him blaming me. I swallowed my fear down and held my own and approached him with caution. "Dad. You have to stop. This.. this isn't Mom, this is Dark-" "You think I don't know that?" He meets my eyes and for the first time in years they aren't all foggy and clouded with the kind of haze that's influenced by heavy drinking.

"I'm not as stupid as you Pit, I didn't ruin everyone's lives." I turned away and gave a glance toward my brother. He looked better than yesterday, more alive and peaceful. "Hey, don't ignore me fucker!" He grabs me by the face and turns me toward him. "..I'm sorry.." I let out desperately before he lets go of me harshly. "That's better. Now, tell me what happened." He orders.

I look down, scared. I haven't told anyone what I was told yet, but for some reason I don't want him to be the first I tell. "Pit you better tell me now or I'll deck you in the fucking face, spit it out." He orders and I shift uncomfortably.

"...w-when they called-" "Speak up you fucking dumbass, I know you can." I nodded at his interruption and tried my best to raise my voice. "When the hospital called home they mentioned that he'd been in some kind of accident involving him being attacked by some gang members when he was out alone..." I trailed off with my voice tired and strained, not wanting to continue. It still hurts like hell knowing I could've done something.

He sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose, "And why didn't I find about this until today?" He gives me a look of disappointment and I wanted to snap. I wanted get up and yell about how much of a drunken asshole he is and how his abuse drains me of my strength, but I don't. He knows he hits me sometimes but when he's drunk he loses sense of most things and goes overboard, it's kind of why he confuses my brother for our mom and doesn't hit him like he usually would. "Y-you were.. asleep.." I hesitated a bit and stumbled on my words. I felt a cough rising up in my throat and willed myself to push it down.

"That's no excuse to not tell me what happened dumbass!" He hits me upside the head and I let it out. I coughed a bit into the sleeve of my sweater and almost choked on my loss of air as my arm was yanked away from me. "What's this? You've been cutting up your arms again like some fucking freak!?" I shook my head, unable to say anything as he grasped my wrist tightly and pressed down on the old scars that were in his reach.

"Yeah right, I'm taking you home right now you piece of shit. None of this would've happened if you weren't ever born!" He barked in my face as the tears began to pool in my eyes. I knew he would yell at me so I don't know why I'm crying. I knew this, but it still hurts. "Dad, please..." I begged him, similar to the way I did when he'd beat me. But he'd had enough.

He tightened his grip on my arm, which re-opened cuts he left me, and dragged me along on his way out the room.

"Wait... where are you going?" The voice was quiet and tired, but I heard it. And I cried in the relief that it brought me.. Wrenching my arm free from my dad's grasp I made my way over to the hospital bed in the room and cheered.

"Dark!"

A/N: you know I really thought I put out this chapter yesterday... apparently I just saved it rather than publishing it. Oops, I'm stupid. And yesterday I also realized that the way iv'e been updating this book so far is leaving ya'll so far behind in the story, so today ya'll get not only this chapter, but two others as well! Yaaaaaaaay! (I'm tired sorry)